• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
32 32

2,451 posts in this topic

On 5/23/2020 at 12:54 PM, BriD. said:

Fedex was the only standard ground option available to choose. Other options were all expedited. I could choose 3 day expedited for $182. I checked the fedex website. Ground residential shipping from NY to  Chicago with signature is only 3 dsys anyway. And $17

Quick update about the Comicconnect auction. I spoke to Kiera at Metropolis about the shipping cost. She said there was an issue with the calculations that the tech team is looking into and they were going in and manually adjusting the prices. I did get an updated invoice with the correct shipping cost. Also, she wasn't sure why USPS was an option for some and not for others. Apparently the post office has not been consistently picking up their packages, so they are recommending FedEx over the post office for that reason.

Now back to the books! Here's my one win.

sha49.0.jpg

Edited by BriD.

Hi Experts,

I was underbidder on this book just now - it sold for $913

What I don't understand is after I bid it showed $900 with a bid increment of $50 - shouldn't someone have to bid $950 to 'beat' me?

Mark

image.thumb.png.78c63eb73ba3be1c942c09dcb3b3dec1.png

25 minutes ago, mtlevy1 said:

Hi Experts,

I was underbidder on this book just now - it sold for $913

What I don't understand is after I bid it showed $900 with a bid increment of $50 - shouldn't someone have to bid $950 to 'beat' me?

Mark

image.thumb.png.78c63eb73ba3be1c942c09dcb3b3dec1.png

That is weird indeed. I had an eye on this book as well but totally forgot about it. I would have bid that $950 after missing the 7.0 on last auction

ComicLink explained this - helpful for me in the future so sharing....

I saw your Board post.  What happened with the bid on the My Greatest Adv 80 is:

You were high bidder at $850 when you bid $859. When you raised your bid to $911, it raised your max, but that doesn't raise the actual bid amount on the book - it stays at $850 because you can't outbid yourself.  Other bidders still see $850 as the current bid.  So, somebody bid $913 and won it for $2 more than your max of $911. I hope that clarifies it. Sorry you didn't win the book. Let me know if you still have questions about it - and thanks for bidding.

On 5/27/2020 at 1:18 PM, DavidTheDavid said:

Anyone else surprised with this one?

Screenshot_20200527-151711.png

Surprised in terms of what since it actually sold for only $3,200 by the time it was all said and done?  ???

That works out to less than 4X top of guide for a single highest 9.6 graded copy of a GA book comic out from the top recognized pedigree collection out there.  hm (shrug)

11 hours ago, mtlevy1 said:

ComicLink explained this - helpful for me in the future so sharing....

I saw your Board post.  What happened with the bid on the My Greatest Adv 80 is:

You were high bidder at $850 when you bid $859. When you raised your bid to $911, it raised your max, but that doesn't raise the actual bid amount on the book - it stays at $850 because you can't outbid yourself.  Other bidders still see $850 as the current bid.  So, somebody bid $913 and won it for $2 more than your max of $911. I hope that clarifies it. Sorry you didn't win the book. Let me know if you still have questions about it - and thanks for bidding.

The bigger takeaway from this is that CLink is checking out this thread to see what we are buying and from which auction houses. 

Sup' guys !