Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
21 21

961 posts in this topic

27,861 posts
24 minutes ago, greggy said:

These are my last copies.

These all came from a former LCS manager.  Turns out people don't really destroy recalled books when they are supposed to so he had a bunch.  I bought over 20 and all came back 9.8 except the one 9.6 that was mentioned by you earlier.  He also had a ton of those recalled All Star Batman and Robin ones but those are essentially worthless. 

I think I have a raw copy somewhere but I kind of want a 9.8 slabbed sample.  I will be bidding. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,083 posts

So far I have received my ComicConnect books from their May auction and Heritage June 28th Sunday auction.  My Clink winnings should arrive Monday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15,147 posts

Prices seem a little low tonight, which has me :banana:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27,861 posts
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, JakeM said:

Tonight was fun. Prices did seem a little low / pretty fair. A few of the many wins...

 

When I saw what the ASM 151 9.8 and losing out on the 9.6, I immediately picked up the 9.4 I was watching on a dealer's website and grabbed it.  I've wanted to grab a copy for awhile

Congrats. Nice grab. 

Edited by Buzzetta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,083 posts
4 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

When I saw what the ASM 151 9.8 and losing out on the 9.6, I immediately picked up the 9.4 I was watching on a dealer's website and grabbed it.  I've wanted to grab a copy for awhile

Congrats. Nice grab. 

151 is one of the top BA Spider-Man covers :luhv:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
159 posts
27 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

151 is one of the top BA Spider-Man covers :luhv:

33 and 151 are some of my favourite covers and very complimentary to each other. It’s going to look nice next to my 33 CGC 9.2 :foryou:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,180 posts

Was watching this past Sunday's HA offerings and was seriously thinking of placing a higher bid on this classic GGA book here:

Golden Age (1938-1955):Humor, Suzie Comics #51 (Archie, 1945) CGC VG+ 4.5 Cream to off-white pages....

Saw this about to close at a hammer price of $280 or $336 with the BP juice and was seriously thinking of upping the bid to north of $300, but changed my mind just as I was about to hit the bid button.  hm  (shrug)

Would have prefer a slightly nicer presenting copy for this price, even though this exact same copy here sold had sold for $552 in another one of their Sunday Heritage auctions just in September of last year.  :tonofbricks:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 posts
On 7/29/2020 at 7:37 AM, JakeM said:

Tonight was fun. Prices did seem a little low / pretty fair. A few of the many wins...

CDAEBB48-0830-4F74-B856-4B69F88CF498.png

DB9C196C-03A7-4F3E-B400-ED576ED74F29.png

4361D329-ED58-45E6-9388-DD462992F363.png

4EFBE00B-DC1E-40ED-BB70-6460C65707A2.png

404F1477-3D2E-4368-8C8E-30999B3E6077.png

461631EC-E9EA-4F7C-83DB-A7B45C701332.png

Lovely books :) Forgive me - which auction are you referring to? I'm UK based so I'm a little confused if I've missed an auction :) Thanks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,274 posts
30 minutes ago, kasharic said:

Lovely books :) Forgive me - which auction are you referring to? I'm UK based so I'm a little confused if I've missed an auction :) Thanks

 

No problem at all - they come from the current ComicLink auction:

https://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/default.asp?Focused=1

-bc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27,861 posts
Posted (edited)

Picked up the ASM 82 in a 9.0 on CLink which upgraded the 8.5 I had.  The 9.0 presented a lot better than my 8.5.  Picked up the 151 in 9.4... and I lost out on the 151s.  As soon as I lost out on the 9.6 and the 9.2 I split the difference and made an offer to Bob Storms for his 9.4 which was pretty well centered and had everything I have been looking for in the issue. 

@batman_fan I am tempted to do the 101-200 run as well. Tempted... 

Like I said, I already have all of the keys in that run... 

151 arrived today... I have to adjust my scanner settings. 

 

 

ASM82cgc90a.jpg

ASM150cgc94.jpg

 

 

ASM151cgc94owwa.jpg

Edited by Buzzetta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,083 posts
1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

Picked up the ASM 82 in a 9.0 on CLink which upgraded the 8.5 I had.  The 9.0 presented a lot better than my 8.5.  Picked up the 151 in 9.4... and I lost out on the 151s.  As soon as I lost out on the 9.6 and the 9.2 I split the difference and made an offer to Bob Storms for his 9.4 which was pretty well centered and had everything I have been looking for in the issue. 

@batman_fan I am tempted to do the 101-200 run as well. Tempted... 

Like I said, I already have all of the keys in that run... 

151 arrived today... I have to adjust my scanner settings. 

 

 

ASM82cgc90a.jpg

ASM150cgc94.jpg

 

 

ASM151cgc94owwa.jpg

Great pick-ups and nothing I was bidding on to boot :applause:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27,861 posts
Posted (edited)

This book has been milling around on my WTB list for a number of years but there was always something else.   I thought this was too nice to pass up. 

After losing out on a couple of things tonight I broke down and pulled the trigger ... 

So that makes 3 books from CLink and 1 Book grabbed from losing out at CLink. 

 

00127220865000112128827003.jpg

Edited by Buzzetta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,098 posts
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

This book has been milling around on my WTB list for a number of years but there was always something else.   I thought this was too nice to pass up. 

After losing out on a couple of things tonight I broke down and pulled the trigger ... 

So that makes 3 books from CLink and 1 Book grabbed from losing out at CLink. 

 

00127220865000112128827003.jpg

Nice! Glad to see a fellow Fawcett fan. I love how affordable these GA books are.

Edited by William-James88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,098 posts
Posted (edited)

Ok so this was my only win from the C Link auction so far (man, the few Fawcetts I wanted went for a high price!). It follows the trend of first appearance or GTFO that I am seeing a lot of in the past 5 years. Showcase 19 second appearance of Adam Strange. Bought this 3.5 graded copy at less than guide price of a 2.5 https://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fbids.asp&id=1415233

Clearly, I will buy CGC books and thus have nothing against them (I do like how CGC has standardized the prices/grades for vintage books and asks us to further scrutinize restoration), but I can't help but feel that this being slabbed didn't help the seller maximise their profit in the least. Grading must have cost around $40 when all is said and done while they could have sold this book raw and gotten just as much or more for it. But hey, I ain't complainin', their loss is my gain (no joke, this book in the same grade raw has sold for more https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/showcase-18-adventures-on-other-worlds-dc-1959-condition-vg-/a/121826-11688.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515).

00010200835000112070333016.jpg

Edited by William-James88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
21 21