• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
33 33

2,478 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

The greatest Superman cover of most if not all Silver age and all Bronze Age on. I’ve salted away a few nice ones over the years. 

Definitely the definitive iconic Bronze Age Superman cover. Interestingly, Neal himself is not a fan of this cover! Spoke with him about it and he doesn’t care for it.

1 hour ago, lizards2 said:

lol All right - I didn't even check on Comic Connect last night, and I got these two at new GPA lows! :banana: 

Bottomfeeders Unite!!  :headbang: 

spe8.463a.jpg

spe8.464a.jpg

I enjoyed reading that run so much that I picked up the Omnibus recently.

23 minutes ago, piper said:

I enjoyed reading that run so much that I picked up the Omnibus recently.

:whatthe: You actually "read" comics? :whatthe:

I wonder if their are others out there..., ???  

37 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I will admit that GA books are largely unreadable.

1 minute ago, piper said:
39 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I will admit that GA books are largely unreadable.

You should try some early Sgt. Furys and see if they are better, or worse. :D

2 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

Hard selling books that begin with the letter S I guess. It’s been a long auction for me and I blew more than my budget earlier. Beautiful collection though. Any books exceed expectations?

2 hours ago, paperheart said:

from my house to yours; other than the #1 they all went for bupkiss. you could've scooped a boatload of Superman for nada as well

Well, since we are talking about the letter "S", were those Neal Adams Deadman Strange Adventures also yours?  hm

If so, how did those do in the end because you don't often see an entire run of these show up in high grade? :luhv:

1 hour ago, ThothAmon said:
1 hour ago, www.alexgross.com said:

Surfers did just fine. too fine, in fact. 

Most Marvels are a different subject altogether. 

Well, that's probably because virtually all Marvels are way too common and pretty easy to find as long as you are willing to open up your wallet.  Pretty much the same with all of the DC books also. :p

Makes it a lot easier to go through the auction listings when you can simply skip all of the near countless pages with all of the Marvel and DC superhero books. :wink:

Always did like the first 6 bigger issues of the Surfer though before they became just like rest of the smaller 12 cent issues.  :luhv:

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Well, since we are talking about the letter "S", were those Neal Adams Deadman Strange Adventures also yours?  hm

If so, how did those do in the end because you don't often see an entire run of these show up in high grade? :luhv:

yes, the #205 went for 12x what i bought it slabbed for; so no gripes on those. DC are certainly a lot harder to find in HG than Marvel; one of the reasons i decided to sell is because i was down to about 90 books to complete every run i was after in at least 9.2 (really 9.4) and in the last year i knocked off about 5 books and overpaid for at least 3 of them.

Edited by paperheart

Was actually looking at another book that was about to come up in the Heritage Auction tonight, when I notice this book go by and all I can say is that Hitler covers must be super red hot:  :whatthe:  :flipbait:

lf?set=path%5B2%2F3%2F3%2F1%2F0%2F23310257%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

Especially sonce this relatively low grade copy with a detached cover and 7 higher graded copies than this one here still managed to fetch $5,040 or something like over 12X condition guide valuation.  :whatthe:  :whatthe:

On 12/19/2020 at 11:10 AM, ThothAmon said:

Hard selling books that begin with the letter S I guess. It’s been a long auction for me and I blew more than my budget earlier. Beautiful collection though. Any books exceed expectations?

Someone once asked me why I collected a run of Amazing Spider-man and do not collect X-Men.

The answer is because I do not want to stay up that late. 

One time I made it to #1 and bought a copy of that... after that... g'night.

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Someone once asked me why I collected a run of Amazing Spider-man and do not collect X-Men.

I felt the same way when I was putting my Vampirella run together!

13 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

It's a perfect time for me