• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
32 32

2,451 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, PKJ said:

Nice, overpaying is the new "got a smoking deal". Sadly I performed the same this auction.

I found out that overpaying is a sound strategy for winning auctions. :screwy:

Just now, lizards2 said:

I found out that overpaying is a sound strategy for winning auctions. :screwy:

Ha 60% of the time it works every time.

Sometimes if I could outbid myself just for the thrill of overpaying AND winning.

In previewing ComicConnect's upcoming Event Auction #45 every comic book I reviewed has a 15% Buyer's Premium attached to the winning bid. Perhaps ComicConnect has applied this charge prior since I have not found anything of interest in the past several Event Auctions. If this issue has been discussed on the the forums my search did not reveal it.

Edit: Apparently, it appears that only "Kentucky Collection" items have the Buyer's Premium attached.

Edited by Tec-Tac-Toe
Update post.

On 1/27/2021 at 10:12 AM, lizards2 said:

Dinosaur cover!!! It was hard to win Solars this time around on Clink - lots of interest. I thought I bid fairly aggressively on all of them, and came away with just this one.

00050801694000112103332007.jpg

That’s a great book!

I won the Doctor Solar #s 14, 15 & 22.

Those upgrades give me the set of 1-31 in avg. CGC 9.4.

It’s absurd that 22 in 9.2 sold for as much as 14 did in 9.6 but 22 had been a royal pain for me to find in grade - it was my only issue in the run below 9.0.

Edited by Gatsby77

9 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

That’s a great book!

I won the Doctor Solar #s 14, 15 & 22.

Those upgrades give me the set of 1-31 in avg. CGC 9.4.

It’s absurd that 22 in 9.2 sold for as much as 14 did in 9.6 but 22 had been a royal pain for me to find in grade - it was my only issue in the run below 9.0.

I was lucky enough to pick up a 9.4 of # 22 somewhere along the way.

My painful one is # 23. I have a supposed CGC 9.4, but you can see that it is more of a 9.0 through the well. I have never cracked it out, hoping for a true 9.2 or 9.4, so that I can sell this one. I bid on the 9.2 in this auction, but did not win. :sorry: 

I still don't have a # 21 either. The 9.4 on clink went for some $ - I was second highest bidder.

On 1/31/2021 at 7:46 PM, William-James88 said:

Man, that Heritage auction is rough. Even random books are getting new record sales. I bid rather aggressively and got nothing out of it. Wondering how long this boom is gonna last.

Up to about 5 minutes before I try to sell some stuff.