Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
21 21

1,355 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, lizards2 said:

Managed to way overpay for this off-brand 9.2 on Clink

DP89cbcs9crop.jpg

Nice, overpaying is the new "got a smoking deal". Sadly I performed the same this auction.

30 minutes ago, PKJ said:

Nice, overpaying is the new "got a smoking deal". Sadly I performed the same this auction.

I found out that overpaying is a sound strategy for winning auctions. :screwy:

Just now, lizards2 said:

I found out that overpaying is a sound strategy for winning auctions. :screwy:

Ha 60% of the time it works every time.

Sometimes if I could outbid myself just for the thrill of overpaying AND winning.

In previewing ComicConnect's upcoming Event Auction #45 every comic book I reviewed has a 15% Buyer's Premium attached to the winning bid. Perhaps ComicConnect has applied this charge prior since I have not found anything of interest in the past several Event Auctions. If this issue has been discussed on the the forums my search did not reveal it.

Edit: Apparently, it appears that only "Kentucky Collection" items have the Buyer's Premium attached.

Edited by Tec-Tac-Toe
Update post.
On 1/27/2021 at 10:12 AM, lizards2 said:

Dinosaur cover!!! It was hard to win Solars this time around on Clink - lots of interest. I thought I bid fairly aggressively on all of them, and came away with just this one.

00050801694000112103332007.jpg

That’s a great book!

I won the Doctor Solar #s 14, 15 & 22.

Those upgrades give me the set of 1-31 in avg. CGC 9.4.

It’s absurd that 22 in 9.2 sold for as much as 14 did in 9.6 but 22 had been a royal pain for me to find in grade - it was my only issue in the run below 9.0.

Edited by Gatsby77
9 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

That’s a great book!

I won the Doctor Solar #s 14, 15 & 22.

Those upgrades give me the set of 1-31 in avg. CGC 9.4.

It’s absurd that 22 in 9.2 sold for as much as 14 did in 9.6 but 22 had been a royal pain for me to find in grade - it was my only issue in the run below 9.0.

I was lucky enough to pick up a 9.4 of # 22 somewhere along the way.

My painful one is # 23. I have a supposed CGC 9.4, but you can see that it is more of a 9.0 through the well. I have never cracked it out, hoping for a true 9.2 or 9.4, so that I can sell this one. I bid on the 9.2 in this auction, but did not win. :sorry: 

I still don't have a # 21 either. The 9.4 on clink went for some $ - I was second highest bidder.

On 1/31/2021 at 7:46 PM, William-James88 said:

Man, that Heritage auction is rough. Even random books are getting new record sales. I bid rather aggressively and got nothing out of it. Wondering how long this boom is gonna last.

Up to about 5 minutes before I try to sell some stuff.