Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
21 21

1,355 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, jr70 said:

So I was able to avenge one of 2020 losses with this one here. Thankfully the price didn’t jump like some other books I’ve been chasing :mad:  Got my 32 already. Need a nice 1.  That was another one of my losses last year. I think I went punch for punch with the same person probably on that one and a nice high grade TOD 1. I did win the drac book but lost on the WWBN 1 possibly to one of you fine fellows. 

FD50BFBE-DF51-4CBA-BA74-D15DAEE71DBB.jpeg

I'm sorry for your loss :foryou: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2021 at 6:02 PM, jr70 said:

So I was able to avenge one of 2020 losses with this one here. Thankfully the price didn’t jump like some other books I’ve been chasing :mad:  Got my 32 already. Need a nice 1.  That was another one of my losses last year. I think I went punch for punch with the same person probably on that one and a nice high grade TOD 1. I did win the drac book but lost on the WWBN 1 possibly to one of you fine fellows. 

FD50BFBE-DF51-4CBA-BA74-D15DAEE71DBB.jpeg

Nice find, amazing cover :golfclap:

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Nice find, amazing cover :golfclap:

Hey thanks.  Over the past year or so I've really just given up on finding high grade raw silver or bronze keys or the ever frustrating DARK/BLACK cover.  With that I had to embrace the slab and a lot of my wins during 2020 were those dark cover books.  But when you find one in grade...wow!

Edited by jr70
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2021 at 9:13 PM, frozentundraguy said:

Won these two books on Comic Connect late last month. It was a bit of a disconnect on the shipping though. Had been looking for World of Mystery #1 for a couple of years before finding this copy.

 

 

 

They like to drill you on shipping.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, pickycollector said:

I am 0 in 5 tonight on Comiclink, some of the prices realized were just totally amazing if not insane :ohnoez:

After the last auction, I am atoning this time and bidding less (fewer books and lower bids). So far it's having its intended effect. So far.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, pickycollector said:

I am 0 in 5 tonight on Comiclink, some of the prices realized were just totally amazing if not insane :ohnoez:

Yeah, I’m not even sure if I would be disappointed if I lost, might actually be a good thing. 
 

There’s several books I’m interested in starting in March but not sure if I’ll even bother throwing anything more than a tracking bid in. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pickycollector said:

I see significant increases (25%-60%) in prices within two months for many of the books that were offered for sale tonight, anyone has an explanation? ???

:censored: Knows, but a book I was after jumped from $145 to $550 tonight and there is still 5 days left to go on it, needless to say I won't be bidding on that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Last night was my first time trying to use Comiclink.  I bid on the FF #4 at 5.5WP and was the high bidder up until zero seconds.  Thought I had won until I refreshed the page and it says "you've been outbid."

First and last time I ever use that auction site...  I prefer real auctions free from bid-sniping software.

If anyone has an FF4 they would like to sell, though... I need one to fill a crucial gap in my early FFs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, pickycollector said:

I see significant increases (25%-60%) in prices within two months for many of the books that were offered for sale tonight, anyone has an explanation? ???

Cabin fever and nut baggery 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ronnieramone said:

Last night was my first time trying to use Comiclink.  I bid on the FF #4 at 5.5WP and was the high bidder up until zero seconds.  Thought I had won until I refreshed the page and it says "you've been outbid."

First and last time I ever use that auction site...  I prefer real auctions free from bid-sniping software.

If anyone has an FF4 they would like to sell, though... I need one to fill a crucial gap in my early FFs.

Did you keep refreshing the page?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Number 6 said:

Yeah, I’m not even sure if I would be disappointed if I lost, might actually be a good thing. 
 

There’s several books I’m interested in starting in March but not sure if I’ll even bother throwing anything more than a tracking bid in. 

March has some really good books I want. One especially which does not come on the market often. Really worried about how it will turn out. Will keep you all posted if I win it or not. 

These books aren't ludicrously pricey but I just don't want to pay $500 on a book that was $150 last year and might be again next year. Feels like buying a Marvel Premier 15 9.8 in 2016

image.thumb.png.1a8aecc832bfb4616864bce88e62e059.png

 

11 hours ago, pickycollector said:

I see significant increases (25%-60%) in prices within two months for many of the books that were offered for sale tonight, anyone has an explanation? ???

Yes, it's asset class inflation. People have lots of money to spend that isn't being spent elsewhere. Think of all the more affluent people who pay 10 grand and more on vacations yearly. They still have that money and now we are seeing it flood all investment markets, including the collectible market.

I

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, piper said:

Did you keep refreshing the page?

No, I am a software engineer, so I assumed they have a socket open updating the status in real-time.  The ticking clock seemed real enough.  Expecting users to refresh the page every second is unacceptable in 2021.

I am a bit spoiled in my line of work so I forget how bad some web applications are.  Comiclink is pretty miserable, in my opinion.  I'll stick to Heritage and ComicConnect.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ronnieramone said:

No, I am a software engineer, so I assumed they have a socket open updating the status in real-time.  The ticking clock seemed real enough.  Expecting users to refresh the page every second is unacceptable in 2021.

I am a bit spoiled in my line of work so I forget how bad some web applications are.  Comiclink is pretty miserable, in my opinion.  I'll stick to Heritage and ComicConnect.

I agree but sometimes there books are more affordable. I don’t like Comic Connect but still find myself buying books from them.  Sorry you missed out on your book.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
21 21