• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
32 32

2,471 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, lou_fine said:

sanity is returning to this marketplace

It has to happen at some point. Not sure what the impact was but there seems to be an aversion to that era slab in the marketplace. We’re grading standards looser then?  My experience indicates the answer is yes. $47k for that book is still a lot of money for a funny book. 

3 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

One of the very first comics I ever got as a kid.  I still have the book but boy is it beat.  Congrats on a sweet pick-up

I first read it in the Treasury edition format as a kid.  The origin of Orb was pretty intense back then....

21 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

I first read it in the Treasury edition format as a kid.  The origin of Orb was pretty intense back then....

It was, and for me in the 6th grade sitting in study hall reading it behind my book I wondered who is this Ghost Rider and how did he get like that.  I just had to know.  Good times.

9 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

Maybe try eBay...Check this out this WMD just sold tonight on Clink for 235.  The second one is one I have been trying to sell on eBay for like 4-5 months... I don't get ithm

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 11.16.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 11.20.51 PM.png

I had a book on eBay listed at $3700 for a year. Put it in a ComicConnect auction and it sold for $5800. I was happy, but it made no sense. Some collectors affluent collectors don't do their due diligence. 

12 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

Maybe try eBay...Check this out this WMD just sold tonight on Clink for 235.  The second one is one I have been trying to sell on eBay for like 4-5 months... I don't get ithm

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 11.16.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 11.20.51 PM.png

Last months Clink auction sold a FF G/S #2 in a 9.6 for around $900 (if I remember rightly) yet there were 2 on ebay one at or around $225 the other $275 so try to figure that one out. O.o

6 hours ago, batmiesta said:

Last months Clink auction sold a FF G/S #2 in a 9.6 for around $900 (if I remember rightly) yet there were 2 on ebay one at or around $225 the other $275 so try to figure that one out. O.o

Examples like this would make for a good thread by itself...

12 hours ago, MatterEaterLad said:

I had a book on eBay listed at $3700 for a year. Put it in a ComicConnect auction and it sold for $5800. I was happy, but it made no sense. Some collectors affluent collectors don't do their due diligence. 

I usually have the eBay window open on my "Option B" book that I will race to and hit the BIN if I really want it IF I see that the CLink or Comic Connect book ends at an insane price above the eBay one. 

On 4/28/2021 at 11:40 PM, Xenosmilus said:

My win so far. It was more then I wanted to pay but I got it cheaper then the last sale I believe:acclaim:

00040791698000110952141011.jpg

Great book! And a mad early appearance - I believe it pre-dates Ghost Rider # 3.