• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oldest Original Owner Collection
1 1

80 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Marty Mann said:

While my collection of 750+ comic books, purchased by me off the newsstand between the years of 1942 to 1954

(worship)(worship)(worship)

You are officially a legend.

Marty, I think you may be the real King of Comics as far as OO collections go!

I had a friend/mentor, Chuck McCleary, who had his OO books dating back to 1940. However, he sold just about everything years ago (the so-called More Fun Collection).

For those who knew Chuck, an early collecting pioneer with others like Rick Durrell, he did unfortunately pass away not that long ago.

2 hours ago, sagii said:

Maybe a collection label notation like the likes of Cage, Blades and Berk is in order? hm

I asked about that and was told it could be done but only with a large quantity...just can't afford that.

24 minutes ago, Marty Mann said:

I asked about that and was told it could be done but only with a large quantity...just can't afford that.

Marty, do the next best thing, like R.Cat Conrad does -- a small, distinguished label placed onto the slab label area that defines it as your book/your collection.

Another neat thing to do, if you are so inclined, would be to record on a piece of paper kept with the book -- or a sticker on the back of the ones you've slabbed -- noting the time and place you acquired them. :)

12 minutes ago, originalisbest said:

Marty, do the next best thing, like R.Cat Conrad does -- a small, distinguished label placed onto the slab label area that defines it as your book/your collection.

Another neat thing to do, if you are so inclined, would be to record on a piece of paper kept with the book -- or a sticker on the back of the ones you've slabbed -- noting the time and place you acquired them. :)

Thank you for your interest and suggestions.  As for the time and place...time wise they were all purchased from the newsstand or store the

month they were on sale...a sticker on the bag or slab giving the location of purchase is a terrific idea which I will follow through with.

Thanks again!

Marty

7 minutes ago, Marty Mann said:

Thank you for your interest and suggestions.  As for the time and place...time wise they were all purchased from the newsstand or store the

month they were on sale...a sticker on the bag or slab giving the location of purchase is a terrific idea which I will follow through with.

Thanks again!

Marty

Absolutely Marty! :)