• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EC Archives Leather-bound Editions

4 posts in this topic

I just got my copy of Shock SuspenStories Vol 2 (picking up number 1 now).  Leather-bound (the book not the slipcase BTW) and they have the artist's signatures in them.  Original sale price was 150 but now they are down to 120 for brand new copies.  It seems like Russ Cochran and the artists went bust on this deal because they are limited editions of 300.  The signature ink does bleed through the front page a little and is not the same as the printed ink so I am sure the signature was put on after printing.  120 bucks seems awfully cheap to have these signed books, why isn't anyone biting?  Are the sigs legit?  BTW this one came from Russ Cochran publishing, not an aftermarket source, according to the shipping label.  Does anyone have any additional information about them.  It says first printing as well.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_83f.jpg.a2c723f38e3f14a1c519e83cca4905e7.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_840.jpg.25bf71c3cbd9e3a205d93e1e69cb63f1.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_842.jpg.d0276bbb82ed64fdb2df1785f4922ef6.jpg

BTW both Jack Kamen and Al Feldstein passed away.  It is strange that these books are not more collectable, even dropping in price.  I guess EC books just don't resonate with most collectors of this age.  For the price of a signature you get this whole beautiful book.  I know it is not a true comic book.  I also don't know how prolific the sigs were, but still...

No I don't work for Russ Cochran hehe.

4 minutes ago, bigcbass said:

My guess is that this is just not very sought after stories and the creators aren't exactly huge name mainstream guys. 

Lots of reprints available too.  I have the Russ Cochran Tales from the Crypt books from like 1978 first edition even, original cost 75 bucks, now sell for 300 used, reissued many times.  Recently I picked up the first volume of Shock SuspenStories and this is what the number looks like...

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_85e.jpg.73d1888a03720aeedf4eaa9758bdf95e.jpg

Any idea what the PP means? Printing Proof, Pre Production, Post Production blah blah...  If it was limited to 300 copies it should have been destroyed, right?