• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 58 just added - 101 to 200 All CGC 9.2 or Better 101 to 200 Listed - 25% OFF EVERYTHING
3 3

207 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, PopKulture said:

I can't believe how great these books look! Both the condition and the cover art from that period...

Gil Kane was a genius at cramming contorted characters onto the covers and making it work.  :cloud9:

Very under appreciated artist. His work on Conan is also excellent.

Last batch of books:

ASM 180 CGC 9.6 White Pages SOLD

ASM 181 CGC 9.6 White Pages SOLD

ASM 186 CGC 9.6 White Pages SOLD

ASM 187 CGC 9.6 White Pages SOLD

ASM 190 CGC 9.6 Off White to White Pages SOLD

ASM 192 CGC 9.6 White Pages SOLD Mark Jewelers Insert

ASM 194 CGC 9.4 Off White to White Pages SOLD * last 10 CGC sales average $354.20

ASM 195 CGC 9.6 White Pages SOLD

ASM 196 CGC 9.6 White Pages SOLD

ASM 198 CGC 9.6 White Pages SOLD

ASM 199 CGC 9.4 White Pages SOLD

ASM 200 CGC 9.6 White Pages SOLD

Edited by Jordysnordy

11 minutes ago, sledgehammer said:

I never noticed the credit on this book before, but I'd bet my life that Romita did the layout of the Scorpion.

The face looks "Romita" to me.
I don't value my life much.

:fear:

Does anyone know when Romita 1st drew The Scorpion?

His 2nd appearance is ASM 29 and then he doesn't show up again until ASM 145 and Romita didn't do any of these books.

1 hour ago, Jordysnordy said:

His 2nd appearance is ASM 29 and then he doesn't show up again until ASM 145 and Romita didn't do any of these books.

Reading this, my first thought was probably an early Cap or DD, but it looks like those Scorpion appearances were all Sal Buscema or Gene Colan.

A great Kane DD v Scorpion cover was Daredevil 82.

Edited by sledgehammer

1 hour ago, Jordysnordy said:

I don't know if ASM #145/146 counts but it might be the only time he touched scorpion. http://www.comicbookdb.com/character_chron.php?ID=444
Romita is listed as an inker along with 3 others on that book, but I don't see him listed as a penciller.  He is also given a cover credit for 145/146, but again sharing it with other artists.

Edited by 90sChild