• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sarah Trimpe shares pic/story of father gifting Hulk 180 OA
2 2

39 posts in this topic

Herb was the first artist to give me the time of day, and speak to me like a normal person. I of course was star struck, my blood was pumping, and at the same time blown away by his humbleness. When I think of Herb, his love, kind nature, and generosity I smile. We miss you Mr. Trimpe! God bless. 

Herb was the BEST!  He and Patricia always greeted my wife and I like we were old family friends despite only seeing them a few days each year.  We'd hang out and talk with them a lot during shows and I got to see Herb interact with fans of all ages.  Herb had very reasonable prices for convention sketches for his fans and they seemed to always be in-demand, but it was always a treat to watch him work when a young kid would come up to him.  Many had no idea who he was or his contributions to the medium, they were just going around and getting sketches from different artists.  He always made the kids feel super welcome and I never once saw him accept any money from the kids or the parents for these.  Such a class act.

Herb was great.  We miss him very much!  Thanks for sharing this story.

I saw this post within the first few minutes of it being posted and I was literally awe struck like a deer in head lights. I began to type something out, and then thought, my God I don't want Sarah Trimpe to think I'm some middle-aged dork. So I cancelled all the text, took a screenshot and came to post it here. I eventually wrote something shorter, but I'm glad I shared it here because after reading some of these great stories, I realized I'm in good company! :foryou:

Edited by comicwiz