• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KING FEATURES SYNDICATE BLUE BOOK -1946
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Anyone familiar with this?  Promotional Comic Strip Book sent out to newspaper publishers in 1946 to solicit sales of featured strips. Over-size spiral bound 11.25" x 16.5" softcover w/88 pages in B&W and full color of virtually every KFS daily, Sunday or panel cartoon of the day.

frontcover.jpg

Edited by Forbush-Man

That is cool.  I googled it and Hakes and Heritage have auctioned a few.  Evidently different years of the book exist.  From HA's description: "sent to newspapers in an effort to get the papers to run their comic strips. This is an oversized spiral-bound book, measuring 9.5" x 12", and contains examples of the strips. The Sunday strips have large, foldout, full-page examples, measuring as large as 17" x 22", featuring such famous strips as "Blondie" by Chic Young, "Donald Duck," "Flash Gordon" by Mac Raboy, "Johnny Hazard" by Frank Robbins, "Mandrake the Magician" and "The Phantom" by Lee Falk, "Prince Valiant" by Hal Foster, "Steve Canyon" by Milton Caniff, and many, many more."

HA had a 1949 and a 1961 edition in earlier auctions.  Hakes had a 1949 and 1954 edition - different covers on the years but same format.  

26 minutes ago, Forbush-Man said:

Anyone familiar with this?  Promotional Comic Strip Book sent out to newspaper publishers in 1946 to solicit sales of featured strips. Over-size spiral bound 11.25" x 16.5" softcover w/88 pages in B&W and full color of virtually every KFS daily, Sunday or panel cartoon of the day.

Bob, this is you, right (and I may have memory fart on you name but know your website?  It has been a while but I used to buy some books from you from your website.  Don't see you much here.  I actually still check your site just in case you pop up with new listings.  

Jeff

Edited by telerites