• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AQUAMAN 2 directed by James Wan (12/16/22)
6 6

934 posts in this topic

It's insane that Aquaman 2 will already be streaming on Max while Wonka - which was a released a week earlier - is still rocking the top 10 in theaters and playing on more than 2,300 screens.

On 2/25/2024 at 9:08 AM, Gatsby77 said:

It's insane that Aquaman 2 will already be streaming on Max while Wonka - which was a released a week earlier - is still rocking the top 10 in theaters and playing on more than 2,300 screens.

WB hasn’t even bothered to report weekend BO yet

All released 12/22, check out the legs on the Stub-Mariner #luizbutchersEnglish&Math

X-Mas weekend Current weekend Total US BO Multiple
Aquadud2  $       38,100,000  $                 400,000  $      124,200,000 3.26
Migration  $       17,800,000  $             3,000,000  $      120,400,000 6.76
Anyone But You  $          8,000,000  $             1,300,000  $        87,000,000 10.88
Edited by paperheart

I watched the film last night.  I should say, I finished it last night after 2 nights of watching a third and a third.  I had to stop the first 2 nights cause I felt I had better things to do with the time. Overall, though, I was impressed with most of the FX -- some creatures looked too cartoony, sure, but the entire film was FX with faces added under CGS generated flowing hair.   I grimaced at too many of the jokes and dialogue.  And so many plot points were similar to Thor (brothers fighting, then pairing up) etc.  Enough with Blank Manta!!  typo but I like t!   That helmet is red and cool, but so stupid!  And the ending --- "I Am Aquaman!"   seriouslyl? We arent expected to recall dialogue from a decade ago??  Also, do we know exactly what Aquamans powers are?  How strong is he?  Like too many super-hero fights (even human fights like Wick)  he takes a beating, gets knocked out, or weakened.  But then pops right back up!  Same even with Superman!  Either they are superhuman. or they arent!  Or have limited strength and is consistently handled.  AND --- way too many times a last second rescue appears when a hero is down and about to be killed or whatever.  There's exactly zero surprises. Yup -- defeat Mants, only to take on the REAL bad guy underneath the plot.   It was not a very original or compelling movie. Just played by itself until the badguys were finally put down (though Black Manta fell down a hole so he will be back --- which is a mistake..  I know Aquaman never had a roster of villains to tap into.  But it's like Spider always fighting Green Goblin, or Superman with Luthor!  enough!  However, somehow, I dont regret watching it.. and cant say I hated it.  Compared to an original excitingly visual treat like the animated Miles Spidey films? filled with action, graphic creativity, human interest and warmth, etc etc...  no contest