• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

13 years ago today...
2 2

37 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I've heard those guys are a bunch of jerks.

yep he recognized their foul stench when he came on board.

48 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

Congrats newb!  You’re one of the best on the boards.  

Will you sign my box?

That will live in infamy. My first show in like 25 year and I am in line to meet one of my comic heroes (Herb Trimpe) and some random dude in front of us ask him to sign, not a comic but this wooden box. Knew Chris for all of 20 minutes at that point. Chris and I will now walk together, forever over that exchange. 

10 hours ago, joeypost said:

Sure. Every book I press today will be free. 

Just curious and no worries if you don't want to disclose. Could you ever guess as to how many books you have pressed in your career? Cheers and congrats.

Edited by BAT MAN

2 hours ago, chrisco37 said:

Congrats newb!  You’re one of the best on the boards.  

Will you sign my box?

So you're christieco37?

1 hour ago, joeypost said:

That will live in infamy. My first show in like 25 year and I am in line to meet one of my comic heroes (Herb Trimpe) and some random dude in front of us ask him to sign, not a comic but this wooden box. Knew Chris for all of 20 minutes at that point. Chris and I will now walk together, forever over that exchange. 

Yep.  Except, if you’ll recall, it wasn’t a dude.  It was a girl that made the request.  

I think it may have been a lunchbox.  But she specifically called it her “box“.  We just looked at each other and knew that we witnessed a classic moment.  

11 hours ago, BAT MAN said:

Just curious and no worries if you don't want to disclose. Could you ever guess as to how many books you have pressed in your career? Cheers and congrats.

I don’t have to guess, as I wrote down the number of books I pressed each month starting from 2006 to today.  It is in the 6 digits. 

Edited by joeypost

18 hours ago, jbud73 said:

:tink:

Hope you're celebrating and having a good time at the Con, even though greggy in there. :tonofbricks:

Con was really fun. There were enough board members to deflect some of Greggy’s awesomeness away long enough for me to look at books. Heading back home to the old routine till the next show I attend in late April.