• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] timely sale: mystic comics vol. 1 #4 & 5-- 10% OFF
2 2

21 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Tristan Esteph said:

Claim the Mystic comics #8

Heh, I just gave with the beautiful Marvel Mystery #16 I picked from Bill last month. More than happy with that for now!
But if I had to strive for a Timely, now it would absolutely be a Cap #46… tough to find a super-low grade within my comfortable price range, though!

8 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

last one:  one of the best timely motorcycle covers.  this came from a bound volume.  tho' it is exactly the same dimensions as the 8, I think the right edge is trimmed.  you see all the thread holes, there is tape up the spine, an extra staple and the big chip out of top spine.  a restored mid-grade sold for over 2k last year.  how 'bout $1,250 here.  SOLD!

mystic10.jpg

Been on my want list (eh, maybe I should start calling it a fantasy list) for ages.  Congrats to buyer.

Edited by path4play

12 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

classic cover!  book got water damaged--rusty staples, which bled all the way to c.f.   some pieces out.  see all the pics.  a 3.5 sold for 4k in may '18.  $2,000 here.  SOLD!

mystic8.jpg

IMG_5741.JPG

IMG_5742.JPG

HOW TEH FOK I MISS THIS. Sorry, I've been on the prowl  a long time 

3, 4 & 5 all dropped 10% from the listed price.  only reduction.  i'll just hand 'em over to cgc next weekend for slabbing if they don't go, and they'll become auction-bait as well.

Edited by Straw-Man

On 1/26/2019 at 10:19 AM, Straw-Man said:

i'll take it on thread trumps p.m.'s, but i'll listen to reasonable counters.  returns accepted.  s/h on me domestic, on you otherwise.  p'pal fine.

the 5 slabs are off to auction.  the raws are for sale here.

#3--pretty book, with issues:  cover was detached prior to my ownership, and a dabs of glue on inside spine reattached it.  couple pieces of tape at c.f.   some c.t. at staples.  tape on spine.  o/w pages.  not alot of trading of this book, and coincidentally, the 2 most recent copies are both mid-grade resto, and about a grand

$800 for this'un.

mystic3.jpg

IMG_5739.JPG

:takeit: per PM

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 3:42 PM, rjpb said:

I did not know that about the Mystic #5 back cover. That might explain why I once had a copy with an attractive front cover and no back cover. The front looked like it had been neatly cut from the spine, and not separated due to splitting. 

no doubt the reason.  there could be a "large" size comedy book with the same back cover, in and out, but unlikely.