• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mostly bronze, mostly Marvel - CLOSED - Thanks all!

106 posts in this topic

It has been a while since I (eBay ID: fan4fan... I know, surprising) have had a sale, and almost as long since I've frequented the boards.  Personal matters precipitated the need for both.

I was in the kudos thread back in the day (for both buying and selling) but that has aged out, I think.  Some of the old-timers may be able to vouch for me.

When I was buying, I looked for under-graded and under-priced books.  Since that worked well for me, I figured that it should also work from a selling perspective.  :insane:

In general, these books and book lots are priced at ~75% (less, in most cases) of recent eBay sales for similar.  I'm saying this because there should be no expectation of further discounts.  Anything that doesn't sell here will be going to eBay, where I am confident that it will sell with enough margin to offset fees.

I am running a sale concurrently of both Silver/Bronze (starts 1/26) books and Moderns (starting 1/27), so that shipping may be combined. I've not run a sale this big before, so if there are a lot of buyers there may be some delay in processing everything.  If that were to happen, I'd be sure to let everyone know.

I intend to end both sales no later than 3 February.

All books have been stored in a smoke-free home, and I believe any that weren't directly purchased by me were also stored that way as well (as that is a deal-breaker for me).  There is no water damage that I am aware of (as that is also a bugaboo for me), though a few have small stains on the back cover as well as distributor spray along the top.

The rules:

If you've been nominated for probation or have been otherwise shamed, you can stop reading as I will not sell to you.

While I don't expect to refuse any sales, I reserve the right to.

PAYMENT:

PayPal only, within 5 calendar days of your invoice. The exception is that local pick-ups may be done in cash.

REFUNDS:

A request for a refund (full or partial) must be made within one week of your receiving the books.

In the event of a major discrepancy, a refund will be offered. A partial one may be offered for lesser discrepancies, but that is not guaranteed since there is subjectivity involved in all of this. Not to sound cocky, but there shouldn't be any discrepancies as I over-protect on packaging, under-grade the books, and provide additional pictures on request.

The pictures should show all of the defects, and any less obvious problems will be described to the best of my ability.  Again, though, feel free to ask if you need better visuals.

If there is something of particular concern that is a deal-breaker for you, please contact me prior to buying.

RETURNS:

No returns.

TERMS OF SALE:

First person to :takeit:in the thread or by PM wins.

SHIPPING:

I ship by Priority mail by default.  If you want some other method or carrier, let me know so that I can work out your exact shipping cost.  Hardcover books and graphic novels can go media mail; comic books do not.

When you have all the items you want, send me your zip and I will get the additional cost of postage and then send out an invoice.

Once you have received your books, please look them over and contact me if there is anything unsatisfactory.

I'm sorry if I sound like a hard- about all of this.  How I arrived here at having to do this is not something that brings the warm fuzzies.

And, now, the funny books...

Thank you all for the purchases made so far. 

Final discount:

Since  I've posted these here, I'm offering a discount on what is remaining:

Encyclopedia of Comic Book Heroes    Batman HC    Fine     $10.00   $8
Encyclopedia of Comic Book Heroes    Superman HC    Fine     $10.00   $8
Fantastic Four    146    VF     $6.00   $4
Fantastic Four    173    VF     $4.00   $3
Fantastic Four    186    VF     $4.00   $3
Fantastic Four    189    VF     $3.00   $2
Fantastic Four    193    VF     $3.00   $2
Mr. A    2    VF     $7.00   $5
Superman    349    VF/NM     $3.00   $2   

:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:The sale ending time (2/2 at midnight) will remain the same, but shipments likely will be delayed due to the possible totaling of my car this afternoon.

Edited by Fan4Fan
FInal update

Captain America and The Falcon    139    VF    little rust top staple (no migration); 1/4-inch slit front cover;    $6

UPDATE: Second pic added to show slit.  It only goes through the cover and I see no trace of even an indent on the first page (something that happened during production?)

Cap139.JPG

IMG_0363.jpg

Edited by Fan4Fan