• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

loflimarjo Stan Lee forgeries & more

28 posts in this topic

https://www.ebay.com/itm/STAN-LEE-DON-HECK-signed-TALES-OF-SUSPENSE-65-Marvel-Comic-1st-Red-Skull-Avenger/183652251146?hash=item2ac286f60a:g:bJcAAOSw4F9cShba

https://www.ebay.com/itm/INCREDIBLE-HULK-182-Signed-STAN-LEE-WEIN-TRIMPE-Marvel-Comic-3RD-Wolvering-181-1/183652257498?hash=item2ac2870eda:g:h-8AAOSwa3lcShht 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-41-Signed-Stan-Lee-John-Romita-Marvel-COMIC-1st-Rhino-Af15/183652052419?hash=item2ac283edc3:g:PvUAAOSwIABcSe5S

Some real "beauties" here!! Including an Artie Simek!! An Artie Simek signature? Really? Written by a master letterer as if he were a 7 year old?  :roflmao:  

And what the Heck!! That's the largest Heck signature in existence!

I pretty sure I recognize the Lees from the account of a southern forger we discussed that no longer uses another account due to many negatives for forgeries accruing in his feedback

I guess he gave up on Ditko. He's offering some signature series books to shill his raw forgeries.  Make it look like he deals in legitimate autographs.

LeeForg1.jpg

LeeForg2.jpg

StanForg.jpg

Edited by James J Johnson

20 minutes ago, kav said:

Weird how he paid for all them sigs on low grade dollar box drek!!

Again, how somebody with a pair of eyes can stand back after forging these not just the Lee forgeries, but the blatant Wein, Trimpe, Simek, Romita, Thomas, etc. forgeries and look at his finished product and think, "Man, this looks good! I nailed them. This will fool everyone". "Everyone" yelled at the top of his lungs like Gary Oldman in the Professional is impossible to conceive of. He's not even a third rate forger! 

Just do the horrific Lee forgery and be done with it, for the love of God, right?

He'll sell a bunch of these using this account and then when the negs start flowing in, "all forgeries", he'll abandon this ID and move on to another of his accounts or open a new one, rinse and repeat, until the time comes that he'll be practicing his forgeries in stir. I know exactly who he is by his handwriting. By third rate forger, I mean that he imparts traits and elements of his own handwriting into each and every one of his forgeries, and the more artists he tries to forge, the more evident it is. By this point I can pick out his forgeries quite easily.

6 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Again, how somebody with a pair of eyes can stand back after forging these not just the Lee forgeries, but the blatant Wein, Trimpe, Simek, Romita, Thomas, etc. forgeries and look at his finished product and think, "Man, this looks good! I nailed them. This will fool everyone". "Everyone" yelled at the top of his lungs like Gary Oldman in the Professional is impossible to conceive of. He's not even a third rate forger! 

Just do the horrific Lee forgery and be done with it, for the love of God, right?

He'll sell a bunch of these using this account and then when the negs start flowing in, "all forgeries", he'll abandon this ID and move on to another of his accounts or open a new one, rinse and repeat, until the time comes that he'll be practicing his forgeries in stir. I know exactly who he is by his handwriting. By third rate forger, I mean that he imparts traits and elements of his own handwriting into each and every one of his forgeries, and the more artists he tries to forge, the more evident it is. By this point I can pick out his forgeries quite easily.

He should remember the scene where Leon pulled the pin on the grenade-

10 minutes ago, kav said:

He should remember the scene where Leon pulled the pin on the grenade-

And as consistently gruesome as his Lees are, malformed letters, proportions awry, lift points askew, amalgamating elements from different time period into the same signature, etc., etc., his other forged artists are just as God-awful. If he wasn't an incompetent thief and a bum, bilking people on this dreck, I'd be laughing, taking one look at it and thinking it was forgery satire, like when you see that someone fooled around and signed a Bible, "Read My Book and Be a Good Boy", Love, God. . (tsk).

30 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

And as consistently gruesome as his Lees are, malformed letters, proportions awry, lift points askew, amalgamating elements from different time period into the same signature, etc., etc., his other forged artists are just as God-awful. If he wasn't an incompetent thief and a bum, bilking people on this dreck, I'd be laughing, taking one look at it and thinking it was forgery satire, like when you see that someone fooled around and signed a Bible, "Read My Book and Be a Good Boy", Love, God. . (tsk).

Our only hope is that so many people start forging stan lees ebay is swamped with em and no one buys em any more.

10 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

That’s a one of a kind Hulk 182, never seen one signed by Herl Tize and Ray Thomas.

Never seen Artie Simek lettering that looked like written by a second grader in penmanship class. Artie Simek's --script signature looks nothing like the block lettering he tried to copy from an online exemplar of art or comic page, stool for brains that this forger is.  And just how do you screw up John Romita forgeries? How? It's block lettering, but even on those he's fired a cannon from 10 feet away and completely missed the barn.

5 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

How do they continue to get away with it?

Because ebay facilitates, aids, and abets it. Of all the autographed pieces on ebay in every field, 95% of the non-pro authenticated pieces on ebay are garbage. 49% of the professionally authenticated pieces are garbage, leaving only the witnessed signatures, like CGC's yellow signature series books, as the only sure thing on the bay.

1 hour ago, James J Johnson said:
1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

How do they continue to get away with it?

Because ebay facilitates, aids, and abets it. Of all the autographed pieces on ebay in every field, 95% of the non-pro authenticated pieces on ebay are garbage. 49% of the professionally authenticated pieces are garbage, leaving only the witnessed signatures, like CGC's yellow signature series books, as the only sure thing on the bay.

I think that's rather high. I have numerous books I had signed at conventions in the 80s and 90s. 

I understand the need for the Signature series for high grade collectors for both security and authenticity,

but other then Stan Lee and a few others I doubt the forgery level is that high.

4 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I think that's rather high. I have numerous books I had signed at conventions in the 80s and 90s. 

I understand the need for the Signature series for high grade collectors for both security and authenticity,

but other then Stan Lee and a few others I doubt the forgery level is that high.

My estimate isn't based solely on comic book related signatures. I was referring to:

"Of all the autographed pieces on ebay in every field".

95% of all of it combined. Sports autos, movie stars, music and entertainment, political, etc., etc.

12 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

My estimate isn't based solely on comic book related signatures. I was referring to:

"Of all the autographed pieces on ebay in every field".

95% of all of it combined. Sports autos, movie stars, music and entertainment, political, etc., etc.

That's a fair estimate and shared by law enforcement.  Sports, movies, comics, it's a very high figure.

https://nypost.com/2000/04/13/90-percent-of-sports-collectibles-may-be-fake-fed-prosecutor/

1 hour ago, kav said:

That's a fair estimate and shared by law enforcement.  Sports, movies, comics, it's a very high figure.

https://nypost.com/2000/04/13/90-percent-of-sports-collectibles-may-be-fake-fed-prosecutor/

Before the days of mass E-commerce, the law enforcement estimate was 70% or more. That was bad enough. Now, it's ridiculous. The only way one can be 100% assured of buying an authentic autograph is to purchase items along the lines of CGC's signature series; a witnessed signature.  There's a big difference between witnessing a signature and only authenticating it, without witnessing it. Witnessed signatures eliminate human error in authentication, which occurs far more often with COAs than most would care to imagine.

2 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Before the days of mass E-commerce, the law enforcement estimate was 70% or more. That was bad enough. Now, it's ridiculous. The only way one can be 100% assured of buying an authentic autograph is to purchase items along the lines of CGC's signature series; a witnessed signature.  There's a big difference between witnessing a signature and only authenticating it, without witnessing it. Witnessed signatures eliminate human error in authentication, which occurs far more often with COAs than most would care to imagine.

I've read stories of people saw authentication companies giving COAs without even looking at item just give em cash-COA-NEXT

When I see COA I immediately think FAKE.  This must be fake.  COA=Certificate Of Absolutely FAKE