• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2019 California Comic Con - Post your Photos
2 2

124 posts in this topic

I got in the CGC line early so only had to wait 15 minutes or so. I picked up this nice Leading #12 from Torpedo Comics and this great Captain Marvel Adventures #23 from Terry’s Comics.  That cover was probably one of the books that killed DC’s planned Shazam Omnibus.

ACEEAEB5-ED44-4FFB-A5FE-63CC99B5EFA1.jpeg

8B1AA3E4-6B41-4B6D-B991-296E712FAD44.jpeg

13 hours ago, Ghastly542454 said:

I got in the CGC line early so only had to wait 15 minutes or so. I picked up this nice Leading #12 from Torpedo Comics and this great Captain Marvel Adventures #23 from Terry’s Comics.  That cover was probably one of the books that killed DC’s planned Shazam Omnibus.

ACEEAEB5-ED44-4FFB-A5FE-63CC99B5EFA1.jpeg

8B1AA3E4-6B41-4B6D-B991-296E712FAD44.jpeg

The box of Leading Comics was fun to see along with the Star Spangled. Your Captain Marvel is no slouch either.

On 1/28/2019 at 1:25 AM, thehumantorch said:

I was just thinking I should 

Just watch out for California sun off-wht to tanning pages unlike your frosty wht pages from the tundra of Canada. Don't forget to attend the preview evening to scout out some choice comics from independent vendors that could not get a table in the sold out Cal Comic-con itself.

1au60IR.jpg

1 hour ago, lpsunburst said:

I heard there was a decent copy of Wonderworld 32 sold there, anyone here pick it up?

It was offered to me at a great price but i snoozed and lost (doh!!) I’m fairly happy with my copy which is the only reason I hesitated. The new owner is indeed a boardie but I will let him share that if he pleases I am sure he will he has a GREAT collection!! 

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

I heard a lot of people talking about Leading and Star Spangled. Are these gaining steam again?

Along with raining blood and dogs & cats living together, I am pretty sure those perma-dud titles being hot is the third sign of the apocalypse.*

*Aside from the classic Hard Luck Hat issue. 

Edited by october

4 minutes ago, gino2paulus2 said:

It was offered to me at a great price but i snoozed and lost (doh!!) I’m fairly happy with my copy which is the only reason I hesitated. The new owner is indeed a boardie but I will let him share that if he pleases I am sure he will he has a GREAT collection!! 

Its one of 2 issues I need to complete the run so I am chasing all leads!

17 minutes ago, lpsunburst said:

Its one of 2 issues I need to complete the run so I am chasing all leads!

2 of the tougher issues in the run for sure...and AWESOME imo!! The 31 is probably the toughest of all of them from what i’ve gathered

46016599915_faf52b83dc_b.jpg39966141653_141094900e_b.jpg33055160518_913fcfdb5c_b.jpg46878422242_924014946f_b.jpg