• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lehigh Valley Comic Convention February 9, 2018

9 posts in this topic

Lehigh Valley Comic Convention
Saturday, February 9, 2018
10:00-4:00
Lehigh Carbon Community College (LCCC)
Community Services Center
4525 Education Park Dr.
Schnecksville, PA

This isn't a terrible show. There is a regular group of dealers that bring some nice stuff (and there's another group of dealers who bring the same junk time after time... but I digress). It's at the far western end of the Lehigh Valley, right off the Northeast Extension and 22.

I'll be there with a couple of tables.

1 hour ago, classicaaron said:

I might drop in.  last show was one of the better ones, got a lot of great deals and pulled some killer books out of the dollar bins. but at the same time I have a ton going on so playing it by ear.

what type of stuff are you bringing?

I sell mostly Silver and Bronze Age books. Nothing super high dollar, but if you're looking for runs of decent books from the 60s, 70s, and early 80s for $3 or $5, I'm your man. I have a few graded books, but that's not my forte.

On 2/8/2019 at 7:35 PM, Brother J said:

I'm going to give this one another shot tomorrow, always enjoyed it in the past, but some of the recent changes had made this show too much of a cosplay fest.

Did you go? 

2 hours ago, RCheli said:

Did you go? 

Yes, I did. I did ok with the cheap books. The seller with the cheap books  (Glenn and Tammi) were overrun with customers and I just could not get into the boxes. I would pull a few books, come to a spot where I could go no further, and told them I would come back later. I did that twice as it was just crazy over there. I think I missed out on quite a bit of their better books, but there was nothing else that could be done. I did mention to him about the "mothball pedigree" books, and I pulled a run of Swamp Thing that were definitely smelly.I pulled a few gems out from other cheap book dealers, but a lot of stuff was mid-grade at best. 

17 hours ago, comicstock said:

Raphe-how was the show?  Anything of interest there?  Much of a turnout?

It was the best show of theirs I've done. A ton of people showed up and they had money. I didn't really have a chance to look around, as I was stuck at my tables the entire time. That's a good problem to have, though.

The best thing was that I sold mostly $1 and $3 books. It's nice turning over a couple of long boxes of that stuff.