2,837 posts

Lehigh Valley Comic Convention
Saturday, February 9, 2018
10:00-4:00
Lehigh Carbon Community College (LCCC)
Community Services Center
4525 Education Park Dr.
Schnecksville, PA

This isn't a terrible show. There is a regular group of dealers that bring some nice stuff (and there's another group of dealers who bring the same junk time after time... but I digress). It's at the far western end of the Lehigh Valley, right off the Northeast Extension and 22.

I'll be there with a couple of tables.

2,837 posts

Tomorrow! Come on, people! Show up and spend money! I need to get my cat's thyroid removed! That ain't cheap!

69 posts

I might drop in.  last show was one of the better ones, got a lot of great deals and pulled some killer books out of the dollar bins. but at the same time I have a ton going on so playing it by ear.

what type of stuff are you bringing?

2,837 posts
1 hour ago, classicaaron said:

I might drop in.  last show was one of the better ones, got a lot of great deals and pulled some killer books out of the dollar bins. but at the same time I have a ton going on so playing it by ear.

what type of stuff are you bringing?

I sell mostly Silver and Bronze Age books. Nothing super high dollar, but if you're looking for runs of decent books from the 60s, 70s, and early 80s for $3 or $5, I'm your man. I have a few graded books, but that's not my forte.

884 posts

I'm going to give this one another shot tomorrow, always enjoyed it in the past, but some of the recent changes had made this show too much of a cosplay fest.

2,837 posts
On 2/8/2019 at 7:35 PM, Brother J said:

I'm going to give this one another shot tomorrow, always enjoyed it in the past, but some of the recent changes had made this show too much of a cosplay fest.

Did you go? 

884 posts
2 hours ago, RCheli said:

Did you go? 

Yes, I did. I did ok with the cheap books. The seller with the cheap books  (Glenn and Tammi) were overrun with customers and I just could not get into the boxes. I would pull a few books, come to a spot where I could go no further, and told them I would come back later. I did that twice as it was just crazy over there. I think I missed out on quite a bit of their better books, but there was nothing else that could be done. I did mention to him about the "mothball pedigree" books, and I pulled a run of Swamp Thing that were definitely smelly.I pulled a few gems out from other cheap book dealers, but a lot of stuff was mid-grade at best. 

2,421 posts

Raphe-how was the show?  Anything of interest there?  Much of a turnout?

2,837 posts
17 hours ago, comicstock said:

Raphe-how was the show?  Anything of interest there?  Much of a turnout?

It was the best show of theirs I've done. A ton of people showed up and they had money. I didn't really have a chance to look around, as I was stuck at my tables the entire time. That's a good problem to have, though.

The best thing was that I sold mostly $1 and $3 books. It's nice turning over a couple of long boxes of that stuff.