• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mask Comics actual pricing
10 10

824 posts in this topic

On 4/1/2019 at 8:34 PM, ThothAmon said:

Not Mask but another Classic Cole devil cover is Suspense Comics 11. Similar price increases do you think?  Here’s mine. 

18D60AB8-F45F-4144-A1A3-2EAF324C44E4.jpeg

2059E95A-3741-4C3B-A682-7E1BF3D4789E.jpeg

12500513-5273-4B5D-BEE9-94E3AE53CEAD.jpeg

It's certainly experienced an uptick, and may rise further due to the market focus on Startling Terror 11, Suspense Comics 8, and the two Masks. Got to have all the devils and skull spiders!

9 hours ago, pmpknface said:

Mask #1 is certainly the #1 on the list of LB Cole books that are blowing up but in a close second is Blue Bole Weird Tales #115.  A CGC 3.5 CR/OW just went for over $1,200 on CL last night.

Since we are on the topic of how Red hot and on fire 🔥 the L.B. Coke books have been for the past while, what is everyone's educated opinion as to the most valuable Cole book of it became available in today's marketplace?  hm

Would it be the Mask 1, the BB 115 or 105, the Suspense 8 or 11, or possibly another one of his amazing covers?  hm hm

9 hours ago, pmpknface said:

Mask #1 is certainly the #1 on the list of LB Cole books that are blowing up but in a close second is Blue Bole Weird Tales #115.  A CGC 3.5 CR/OW just went for over $1,200 on CL last night.

Since we are on the topic of how Red hot and on fire 🔥 the L.B. Coke books have been for the past while, what is everyone's educated opinion as to the most valuable Cole book of it became available in today's marketplace?  hm

Would it be the Mask 1, the BB 115 or 105, the Suspense 8 or 11, or possibly another one of his amazing covers?  hm hm

On 4/4/2019 at 7:06 PM, lou_fine said:

All the above and more :smile:

On 3/18/2019 at 7:09 PM, cbcnow said:
On 3/18/2019 at 6:20 AM, Jayman said:

They DO look good together! :smile:

image8_zps40ef0708.jpeg

Those look awesome together! (thumbsu

Well, if those two look look awesome together, how much more awesome would a threesome look:

Golden Age (1938-1955):Horror, Witches Tales #12 Davis Crippen ("D" Copy) pedigree (Harvey, 1952)Condition: VF....

Especially when this one could probably be picked up for a fraction of what it would cost for the other 2 books.  Plus it looks good when you have a blue, red, and green trio of books like these 3 books here. :cloud9:

Of course, that's also assuming you can find one in the marketplace today since I believe there hasn't been one sold through the major auction houses in years. hm 

Edited by lou_fine

2 hours ago, entalmighty1 said:

This is one of my favorites, but let's be honest, I have a lot of favorites when it comes to Cole, many of them "under the radar" compared to the usual "classics". I am not much of a completist, and I originally shied away from BB115 and 111. Not sure why, exactly. I guess I thought they looked sort of silly for pch, but eventually nice copies found their way to me and, seeing them in person, my outlook has changed. I know it's sacrilege, but I still sort of feel the same way about Mask 1 and Suspense 8 (the latter, due to the weird effeminate dude in the background), although I know I'd feel different if I were holding a copy in my hand.

5 hours ago, entalmighty1 said:

My old undercopy, bought raw back in the 90s.

On 4/10/2019 at 8:07 PM, lou_fine said:

Well, if those two look look awesome together, how much more awesome would a threesome look:

Golden Age (1938-1955):Horror, Witches Tales #12 Davis Crippen ("D" Copy) pedigree (Harvey, 1952)Condition: VF....

Especially when this one could probably be picked up for a fraction of what it would cost for the other 2 books.  Plus it looks good when you have a blue, red, and green trio of books like these 3 books here. :cloud9:

Of course, that's also assuming you can find one in the marketplace today since I believe there hasn't been one sold through the major auction houses in years. hm 

Since you disrupted this Mask thread with spider covers, I thought this one might fit in.

But, if you really want to tie it together with Startling Terror #11 and Suspense #8. Any contender would really need to have a "skull" spider as well!

comoutoftheshadows10.jpg

comadvsintounknown33.jpg