• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mask Comics actual pricing
10 10

824 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Though prices on these guys are rather volatile, what do you think a Mask 1 CGC 2.0 detached cover would go for?

Depends how it presents and how bad somebody wants one 

1 hour ago, comicjack said:
1 hour ago, manetteska said:

Though prices on these guys are rather volatile, what do you think a Mask 1 CGC 2.0 detached cover would go for?

Quite sure it's not my imagination, but with the high prices that this book has been receiving over the past year, it seems that they are starting to pop up on a much more frequent basis now.

As a result, I believe the book will not be quite as high on a price per point basis as what they were going for earlier this year.  hm

12 hours ago, comicjack said:

Not somebody, all of us. Most didn't look at these and say I'll give you 4k for this; The market was established because so many people want it and people have to decide do I wanna pay 4k or have a xerox. Not trying to bust your chops Jack :)

13 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Quite sure it's not my imagination, but with the high prices that this book has been receiving over the past year, it seems that they are starting to pop up on a much more frequent basis now.

As a result, I believe the book will not be quite as high on a price per point basis as what they were going for earlier this year.  hm

Even though we see constant reminders of the difference between existence and availability, it never seems to sink in for most folks.  Almost nothing is truly scarce, it's just not for sale at current market value.  If value changes enough, copies will become available.

6 hours ago, dylanthekid said:

Not somebody, all of us. Most didn't look at these and say I'll give you 4k for this; The market was established because so many people want it and people have to decide do I wanna pay 4k or have a xerox. Not trying to bust your chops Jack :)

Your young you have time to let it appreciate i'm just glad collectors are loving that book :headbang:

20 hours ago, manetteska said:

Based on the recent Gpa recorded sale of a Mask #1 Cgc 3.0 in September of 2019 for $11,422 I`d say somewhere around the $8,000 range for a Cgc 2.0

In September of 2018 a Cgc 0.5 universal copy with brittle pages went for $2260. In my opinion it`s a great book and there just isn`t enough copies out there

to fill the demand which will most likely continue pushing the prices/values of the book upwards just like what happened with the September 2019 sale of the Cgc 3.0

On 11/13/2019 at 5:40 PM, manetteska said:

If you wish to complete the run, there will be a Mask Comics #2 CGC 1.8 cream to off-wht pages at ComicLink no reserve auction starting Nov. 19, 2019. Only a 2 issue run to collect. Mask #2 CGC 1.8 at cLink

4 hours ago, cbcnow said:

Based on the recent Gpa recorded sale of a Mask #1 Cgc 3.0 in September of 2019 for $11,422 I`d say somewhere around the $8,000 range for a Cgc 2.0

In September of 2018 a Cgc 0.5 universal copy with brittle pages went for $2260. In my opinion it`s a great book and there just isn`t enough copies out there

to fill the demand which will most likely continue pushing the prices/values of the book upwards just like what happened with the September 2019 sale of the Cgc 3.0

Amen to that.  It's my favorite comic cover period and I consider it a masterpiece.  I don't think I'm alone.

Higher prices may bring out more copies, but I believe classic covers will continue to appreciate and this book will continue to appreciate.

16 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

If you wish to complete the run, there will be a Mask Comics #2 CGC 1.8 cream to off-wht pages at ComicLink no reserve auction starting Nov. 19, 2019. Only a 2 issue run to collect. Mask #2 CGC 1.8 at cLink

Thats a nice looking 1.8. I also think the #2 is the better cover; I'm not sure how heretical that opinion is. 

25 minutes ago, The-Collector said:

nice looking 1.8. I also think the #2 is the better cover; I'm not sure how heretical that opinion is. 

I agree; not heretical. I think Mask #2 should be at least equal in value to Mask #1 due to the stronger Satan cover on #2. Like Suspense Comics #3 being worth more than Suspense #1 even though traditionally, any issue #1 is valued higher than #2 per Overstreet trend.

12 hours ago, thehumantorch said:
16 hours ago, cbcnow said:

Amen to that.  It's my favorite comic cover period and I consider it a masterpiece.  I don't think I'm alone.

Higher prices may bring out more copies, but I believe classic covers will continue to appreciate and this book will continue to appreciate.

Thank you all for your opinions. I agree that GA classic covers will continue to appreciate, and one such as this will soon grow out of my reach. From what I've seen, it does present well for a 2.0 and is within my (stretched) price range so I pulled the trigger. Now for it to arrive safely and post pictures when it does...

23 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

(thumbsu Mask #1 is one of my favorite comic book covers as well!

15 hours ago, manetteska said:

Thank you all for your opinions. I agree that GA classic covers will continue to appreciate, and one such as this will soon grow out of my reach. From what I've seen, it does present well for a 2.0 and is within my (stretched) price range so I pulled the trigger. Now for it to arrive safely and post pictures when it does...

Congrats on the pickup of what is a truly classic L.B. Cole cover.  :applause:

Was this from one of the auction houses and hopefully, you was able to get it for under the $8K price point that everybody seems to be targeting at here?  :wishluck:

What's next on your hit list.........one of the L.B. Cole classic spider covers from Suspense 8 since I heard that HA has a couple of these in their current auction?  :luhv:

7 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Congrats on the pickup of what is a truly classic L.B. Cole cover.  :applause:

Was this from one of the auction houses and hopefully, you was able to get it for under the $8K price point that everybody seems to be targeting at here?  :wishluck:

What's next on your hit list.........one of the L.B. Cole classic spider covers from Suspense 8 since I heard that HA has a couple of these in their current auction?  :luhv:

It was from a private seller, at a good price. The seller also had a Suspense 8 which — if it had been forum rules — I would own as well. If the Mask comic was $8k I would not have even looked at it. 

I was rather upset at how the Suspense sale went down, but maybe I got the better comic in the end? We’ll see. 

Next on my list is selling stuff to make up for this purchase.