• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mask Comics actual pricing
10 10

805 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

The owner of the 1.8 #1 is known to me, $4080 usd for a 1.8. Wow

I paid $1673 in 2013 for a CGC 5.5 that I have sold. I will never own this book again, I just couldn't bring myself to spend $4000 usd on a 1.8 when I owned a 5.5 for less than half of that 7 years ago. Don't sell any books, just keep them. :whee:

If only you could...

11 hours ago, comicjack said:
11 hours ago, pmpknface said:

Better than the stock market!  :) 

In this climate i would say yes (thumbsu

In general, I would definitely tend to agree with you here.  (thumbsu

From a specifics point of view though, there are always your outlier winners like Shopify and the like which has now gone up by over 100% in less than a month from its bottom, making it now rivalling Royal Bank as the biggest market cap company in Canada now.  Go figure that and of course nobody's lucky like that, although I was considering picking it up a few weeks ago, but seem too high then at just over $500 CDN and possibly still overvalued.  hm

Was waiting for it to go back down to under $500 where it had been the previous day and now it's getting closer to touching $1,000 per share.  doh!  :censored:  :screwy:

Edited by lou_fine

21 hours ago, pmpknface said:

image.thumb.png.deb33fddd79cf1d1313907363761d76d.png

image.png

With the astronomical increass in prices for the 2 Mask books, is this a continuing increase in the price trend or do they appear to be plateauing or possibly even starting to drop back a bit.  hm

5 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

The owner of the 1.8 #1 is known to me, $4080 usd for a 1.8. Wow

I paid $1673 in 2013 for a CGC 5.5 that I have sold. I will never own this book again, I just couldn't bring myself to spend $4000 usd on a 1.8 when I owned a 5.5 for less than half of that 7 years ago. Don't sell any books, just keep them. :whee:

:foryou:

18 hours ago, pmpknface said:

It's a pretty copy. I'd wager it hits right around GPA, 10K +/- 500

13 hours ago, Phill the Governor said:

The 3.0 ended at just over 8k. I think the vertical crease and 3 added staples has something to do with it, but overall still not a terrible price.

I wonder if it was the staples or that is the price of a 3.0.

I don't think the crease detracts as much, considering it is a 3.0.

7 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:
2 hours ago, manetteska said:

Perhaps the book is cooling off a tad or perhaps it's the economy.

For rare books (rare meaning this isn't the modern section where you can find multiple copies of a book in any grade at any time), it's all just guessing, unless another 3.0 comes to market soon.

10 hours ago, thehumantorch said:
12 hours ago, manetteska said:

Perhaps the book is cooling off a tad or perhaps it's the economy.

Well, from what I am reading here, has anybody considered the possibility the book might simply not present as visually nice relative to the technical grade assigned by CGC. hm  (shrug)

Well, looks like old slow Bob must have noticed the huge prices being paid for Mask 1 as he went and jacked the top of guide price from $8K in last year's edition of the guide all the way up to $20K in this year's edition of the guide.  :whatthe:

Hopefully, it's doesn't kill the interest in demand for this book similar to what happened with Mystery Men 1 when he jacked it up from $2,100 all the way up to $8,500 back in the mid 90's.  I guess buyers always seem to be willing to pay more for things that are still seen to be undervalued, as opposed to something that is closer to being fully valued with less room to go up.  I would assume it shouldn't in today's marketplace with the internet whereby information is so much faster and more real time with GPA, GoCollect, eBay, etc.  (thumbsu

On 5/5/2020 at 7:16 AM, comicjack said:
On 5/5/2020 at 6:36 AM, pmpknface said:

Better than the stock market!  :) 

In this climate i would say yes (thumbsu

Well, with the 3 major indicies all at record highs and after a pretty sharp and fast V shaped recovery, the correct answer a short 4 months later is NO.  hm

13 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Well, with the 3 major indicies all at record highs and after a pretty sharp and fast V shaped recovery, the correct answer a short 4 months later is NO.  hm

Then again, there's the hugmonus drop in the Nasdaq for today as speculators are probably cashing in some of their profits in advance of the big Heritage Auction ending next week.  :devil:

Edited by lou_fine