• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mask Comics actual pricing
10 10

824 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, Howling Mad said:

Which is insane, but hey, people can spend their money the way they see fit. That's going to be an awful big bubble.

I don't think it's a bubble.  We've seen a trend of valuing classic covers higher and I believe it will continue.

22 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

I don't think it's a bubble.  We've seen a trend of valuing classic covers higher and I believe it will continue.

Let's hope so :banana:

1 hour ago, thehumantorch said:

Mask 2 is not a recently "discovered" classic but one with a long history of collector interest.

15 hours ago, adamstrange said:

Mask 2 is not a recently "discovered" classic but one with a long history of collector interest.

+1. If I recall, I think Mask #2 made it onto the cover of Gerber's G.A. Photojournal volume 1 while Mask #1 had to wait until volume 2 to make the cover or back cover.

3 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

+1. If I recall, I think Mask #2 made it onto the cover of Gerber's G.A. Photojournal volume 1 while Mask #1 had to wait until volume 2 to make the cover or back cover.

Both were on the back cover.  Mask 2 was on the back cover of vol 1 and Mask 1 was on the back cover of Vol 2.

LB Cole, followed by Lou Fine and Alex Schomburg had the most covers featured on the dust jacket of the Gerber Guide.

Edited by adamstrange

On 12/5/2019 at 7:28 PM, adamstrange said:

Agreed, Mask 1 and 2 have been classic and desirable for a long time. 

When books like Mask 1 and 2 jump in value 5 or 10 fold in a few years and most other books don't, it's clear the market is changing.  Great covers and covers with certain elements - pretty girls, bondage, gruesome skulls etc - are selling for record prices and I believe those prices will continue to increase. 

Not quite as good as the Mask #1 Brittle 1.0 that sold for 2k on CLink a while back...but not a bad result for a brittle 1.0 suspense #8 breaking 1k...

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Dsuspense%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_1366331&id=1366331&itemType=0

On 12/5/2019 at 5:09 PM, thehumantorch said:

I agree! I don`t think it`s a bubble either. From what I can see the demand is only getting stronger, that along with (in my opinion) a good amount of the copies that have recently been sold will most likely end up tucked away in personal collections. This will then continue to drive the prices of Mask #1 and Mask #2 up! Strong demand and a dwindling supply along with both books being two of L.B.Cole`s most sought after comic books definitely adds fuel to the fire! 

5 hours ago, szav said:

Not quite as good as the Mask #1 Brittle 1.0 that sold for 2k on CLink a while back...but not a bad result for a brittle 1.0 suspense #8 breaking 1k...

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Dsuspense%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_1366331&id=1366331&itemType=0

I think that was pretty good and sets the bar for this book :smile: