• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where’s the eBay coupons?
5 5

795 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, telerites said:

Thanks, I will try to find something.  

Here is the Fine Print.  I found one of the deal sites that says it may be a glitch that it working for everyone since it is intended for First Time Buyers Only.  It ends May 2 but in case it is a glitch, I'm not waiting if I find something.

• Expires May 2, 2019 at 11:59 pm PT
  • Discount applies to the purchase price (excluding shipping, handling, and taxes) of eligible items on ebay.com,ebay.ca, or cafr.ebay.ca.
  • Eligible items exclude warranties and protection plans, as well as items from the Stamps, Coins & Paper Money, Gift Cards & Coupons, and Real Estate categories.
  • Coupon must be used within a single transaction (and can include multiple eligible items), while supplies last. Max one-time use per account or household.
  • This coupon is intended for customers first purchase on eBay.

Wow, between this and them sending an erroneous Bucks information they seem to be having some issues at the bay.

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

Wow, between this and them sending an erroneous Bucks information they seem to be having some issues at the bay.

yeah that was confusing.  I tried on the ebay bucks thinking code might work again, it didn't.  

1 hour ago, evilskip said:

I haven't gotten a discount coupon or an ebay bucks special in about three months. As a result, I've curtailed my buying this month drastically. Probably won't make the $5 cutoff at the end of the quarter.

Where were you last month? Either way expect one in May after the eBay bucks is over.. :foryou:

7 minutes ago, Bird said:

You guys were all telling me we get one on May 2 when the eBay bucks expired you got my hopes up

:makepoint: i always posted it as a question :shy:

even started a thread... no one wanted to play "What If" :sumo:

turned out to be a good thing... rantrant

So I bought a rather expensive book (won an auction) and have been sitting on it for over a day hoping an eBay deal would drop. It did! I got 13% ebucks through app, and 8% otherwise...with typical exclusions (comics included). I go to pay, and the deal isn't applying.

Does this not apply to my purchase at time of payment since I won the auction before the deal started? I thought differently.....

Edited by Callaway29

4 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

So I bought a rather expensive book (won an auction) and have been sitting on it for over a day hoping an eBay deal would drop. It did! I got the 13% off through app, and 8% otherwise...with typical exclusions (comics included). I go to pay, and the deal isn't applying.

Does this not apply to my purchase at time of payment since I won the auction before the deal started? I thought differently.....

It has worked that way for me in the past.  I had won an auction the day before and paid the next day while in between the coupon popped up and the deal worked at checkout

56 minutes ago, telerites said:

It has worked that way for me in the past.  I had won an auction the day before and paid the next day while in between the coupon popped up and the deal worked at checkout

Yea that’s how I remember it working too. Right now, I’m in checkout and it’s only giving me 1% ebucks even though I have this deal activated.

I’ll call, but I’m not hopeful.

1 minute ago, 90sChild said:

I'm not seeing a mention of a coupon or ebay bucks deal anywhere on the ebay homepage, and that's usually where they put it.

It shows up for me... and of course I already purchased something last night so wah wah wahahah 

There must be something going on.  The morning, someone bought two books for $505 that I know were on the high end of pricing. 

I'm not happy. They're saying that although I saw the banner, activated it, and received a confirmation notification that it was activated (not via message, but via the app & website GUI, I did it in both places)....one of the eligibility requirements is that I must have received an ebay message informing me that I was eligible in order to receive the benefits of the promotion. I've been an ebay user for a long time, and this has never been a stipulation for banner promotions. I also feel like even if it is now a new requirement, that their interface is flawed if operating as intended (congratulating me on successfully activating it when it wasn't)...and they should have made good with their promotion because of the miscommunication. They did nothing for me, except say "sorry, you're not eligible". It's not in my active promotions btw, so I didn't have much ammo...

giphy.gif

I can't see the promo anymore (BECAUSE I ACTIVATED IT) to confirm if that eligibility requirement actually exists. Would appreciate feedback from others on this particular promo...because on my end, it's FUBAR.

Edited by Callaway29

14 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

I'm not happy. They're saying that although I saw the banner, activated it, and received a confirmation notification that it was activated (not via message, but via the app & website GUI, I did it in both places)....one of the eligibility requirements is that I must have received an ebay message informing me that I was eligible in order to receive the benefits of the promotion. I've been an ebay user for a long time, and this has never been a stipulation for banner promotions. I also feel like even if it is now a new requirement, that their interface is flawed if operating as intended (congratulating me on successfully activating it when it wasn't)...and they should have made good with their promotion because of the miscommunication. They did nothing for me, except say "sorry, you're not eligible". It's not in my active promotions btw, so I didn't have much ammo...

giphy.gif

I can't see the promo anymore (BECAUSE I ACTIVATED IT) to confirm if that eligibility requirement actually exists. Would appreciate feedback from others on this particular promo...because on my end, it's FUBAR.

:ohnoez:

So now I know they're full of poopoo. When looking at items I haven't bought or added to cart, it advertises the ebucks as part of the deal (right above shipping). So it appears it HAS applied and will apply to future purchases, but it's NOT applying to the already "bought" item in my cart. Calling back...futile I know, but I'm pretty livid. I've never been helped by eBay customer service, they have no power except to pacify the customers (in my experience).

Edited by Callaway29

6 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

So now I know they're full of . When looking at items I haven't bought or added to cart, it advertises the ebucks as part of the deal (right above shipping). So it appears it HAS applied and will apply to future purchases, but it's NOT applying to the already "bought" item in my cart. Calling back...futile I know, but I'm pretty livid. I've never been helped by eBay customer service, they have no power except to pacify the customers (in my experience).

Let us know how it goes...... :wishluck: 

I stand corrected. I'm blown away. I got a new lady on the phone who spoke to her manager (without me even prompting her, she just did it). She stated the entire transaction has to take place during the promotion period (contrary to previous experiences). However, she is able, and is going to, manually add ebucks to my account. We're talking $97.50 smackaroos, so I'm a very grateful guy.

Thanks for listening to my rant(s). Bottom line, appears waiting to pay doesn't fly with ebucks anymore, but I assume it still works for coupons since you add those at time of checkout. And Christina (eBay rep), wherever you are, god bless you. As for the other, barely english speaking, rep & supervisor who gave me completely false information...F you homies...