• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where’s the eBay coupons?
5 5

795 posts in this topic

Just now, romanheart said:

I’m an avid watcher but have recently been getting them. Maybe it’s new to Canada. The thing is I get them on my phone and have to respond immediately. There’s no way to back and review the offer in eBay.

Is usually shows up for me on the main Ebay page in the banner.  And also once you click on the link from your email, it is activated and will stay activated.  I have also done just a google search when I see something here about a deal - that is usually not for an ebay bucks deal but straight percent or dollar discount. 

Not sure if this is helpful for what you mentioned.

11 hours ago, srezvan said:

If you are watching an item, the seller can send you an offer. Feature has been around for a while,  but not all sellers do it.

I just got one from a seller for 42% off.  Snatched it up before eBay starts charging tax in Texas on the 1st.

I received my first offer from a seller (8% off) just the other day. It was still too expensive but now I try to watch anything I might be interested in, just in case a seller decides to send an offer.

I probably won't be using the current 8% eBay Bucks promotion. I'm hoping for 10%+ next month when I have my eBay Bucks certificate to spend.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Spider-Woman said:

I received my first offer from a seller (8% off) just the other day. It was still too expensive but now I try to watch anything I might be interested in, just in case a seller decides to send an offer.

I probably won't be using the current 8% eBay Bucks promotion. I'm hoping for 10%+ next month when I have my eBay Bucks certificate to spend.

:wishluck: Sales Tax starts next Tuesday for me, so I did use the current 8% bucks promotion; although, I'm hoping ebay will play nice due to these sales tax's and run the percentage coupon next month with the ebay bucks issued.....

If they want people to continue using ebay, it would only make sense, at the first of it anyway for sure :wishluck: 

37 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

:wishluck: Sales Tax starts next Tuesday for me, so I did use the current 8% bucks promotion; although, I'm hoping ebay will play nice due to these sales tax's and run the percentage coupon next month with the ebay bucks issued.....

If they want people to continue using ebay, it would only make sense, at the first of it anyway for sure :wishluck: 

If people are REALLY turned off early on by sales tax, there could be a chance to swoop in on some of the auctions for some lower prices, and possibly grab them for a total less than they would have paid previously.  Good luck!

23 minutes ago, revat said:

If people are REALLY turned off early on by sales tax, there could be a chance to swoop in on some of the auctions for some lower prices, and possibly grab them for a total less than they would have paid previously.  Good luck!

well lol they wouldn't on days that are both percentage and ebay bucks, so it does me no good.

i'm still looking to buy at fmv

but with bucks and percentage coupons, i can then afford a higher ticket item. even at 8.25% sales tax....

if i buy cheaper items with ebay bucks percentages, then cash them in with a percentage off...

maybe i'm reading too much into what your saying, but what i think your saying isn't anywhere near what initially said :insane: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 9/25/2019 at 10:16 PM, Poka said:

Well now when the CEO has resigned. More of less coupons?

Less, they were basically giving money away to get people to use their platform.

Devin Wenig, eBay’s president and chief executive, has resigned as the online retailer pursues an extensive review of its business and weighs whether to sell more of its assets, the company announced Wednesday.

On 10/22/2019 at 12:30 AM, ygogolak said:

Less, they were basically giving money away to get people to use their platform.

Devin Wenig, eBay’s president and chief executive, has resigned as the online retailer pursues an extensive review of its business and weighs whether to sell more of its assets, the company announced Wednesday.

Read somewhere that past 12 months they were targeting new buyers on eBay - therefore less coupons than before for existing buyers

30 minutes ago, Poka said:

Read somewhere that past 12 months they were targeting new buyers on eBay - therefore less coupons than before for existing buyers

My husband opened an account last year. Bought 1 thing. He gets $5.00 offers all the time. 

I messed up my math... 

I thought an auction would end in time to capitalize on the eBay 8% offer.  I read it wrong and it ended the day after.  I won.  Still happy to take home a vintage MOC R2-D2 though... 

No, not the $700 one that sold tonight.... The $160 one.  

19 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

My husband opened an account last year. Bought 1 thing. He gets $5.00 offers all the time. 

I just checked a dead account that I was using a while back to lookup a listing and low and behold there was a coupon on that one. Definitely trying to entice people who are not regular buyers.

I buy occasionally, but most lower priced items.....

BUT :news:lol 

Going through my emails, I noticed one from ebay last night...

It's a coupon code word, that will give me $10 off a $50+ priced item....

Given my Texas 8.25% sales tax, the Sales Tax on a $50 item is $4, so I'd save $6 if I found something with free shipping :whee: 

YET again, I'd rather go look at the Halloween LCS sale this weekend :wishluck:

long story to say, CHECK YOUR EMAILS :foryou: 

3 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I buy occasionally, but most lower priced items.....

BUT :news:lol 

Going through my emails, I noticed one from ebay last night...

It's a coupon code word, that will give me $10 off a $50+ priced item....

Given my Texas 8.25% sales tax, the Sales Tax on a $50 item is $4, so I'd save $6 if I found something with free shipping :whee: 

YET again, I'd rather go look at the Halloween LCS sale this weekend :wishluck:

long story to say, CHECK YOUR EMAILS :foryou: 

Thank you. I deleted it. AMEXSAVE