• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Big Thanks TristonPence & radicalmichael (ACC 2019)
1 1

27 posts in this topic

Big thanks to Triston Pence (@TristonPence) & Michael (@radicalmichael) for their help at Albuquerque Comic Con 2019! 

Triston - an especially big thanks for the blank sketch and Larry Welz sketch idea - genius!

Michael - it was a pleasure to meet you!

Can't wait to get my books back guys!!!

- Cary

Edited by DELTA 62

I second that emotion. Michael was a real pleasure to deal with. His communication throughout the process was courteous and professional, and he even took time to get approval for positioning on the opening for the window bag, gave input on pen color, and sent me real-time updates from the show floor (with pictures!) of the signed books, and even some of his interactions with the guests [because I was fanboying a little bit since I couldn't be there]. He seemed as excited to be at the show and helping out a boardie as he was getting his own stuff done.  He treated my stuff like he would his own. I enjoyed connecting with another SW collector here on the boards. He did extras I offered to pay for, but he wouldn't accept anything over what we'd already agreed upon. I can't wait to get these back. Nor can I wait to do business with him again. 

I never got the pleasure of dealing with Triston directly, as Michael acted as facilitator, but I thank him too for the coming additions to my collection.

@Triston Pence

@radicalmichael

Hello again.  Just wanted to say thanks again to Michael & Triston!  My first batch of SS books are coming back from CGC and all but 1 hit 9.8.  I greatly appreciate the care they took in handling my books!  Awesome job guys!

When they get here please post some pictures. I was thinking about going to this show and I would like to see what got done. Working with Tristan and Michael would have been an added bonus. Hope to see them in Dallas.

I've worked with Tristan and Radmicheal, professional is not a word that can describe these cats. Running at 100% at all times especially at SDCC and great to hang out with. Fanboys for sure on both guys. Hopefully I'll be hanging with both at frightmare and Dallas expo in May, it's going to be an insane weekend. 

On 3/1/2019 at 2:46 PM, inthehottub said:

When they get here please post some pictures. I was thinking about going to this show and I would like to see what got done. Working with Tristan and Michael would have been an added bonus. Hope to see them in Dallas.

Well... thanks to the post office (long story) it only took 5+ weeks for the first batch to finally arrived.  But arrived they did - safe and sound at least.

Here is a picture of one of the books that was done (I will post more later this week).  This one was signed by Michael Biehn and he added the quote "Stay Frosty."

100356561_Aliens-CGC.thumb.JPG.54b6d9e946bb523ebd8c9929733ed9e6.JPG

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 8:54 PM, DELTA 62 said:

Michael Bell... voice actor for Duke in GI Joe cartoons.  Signed "Duke" and quote "Yo Joe!"

ACC - 4.jpg

That is a cool book. 

I'm thinking about doing some Peter Mayhew in Dallas. 

On 4/15/2019 at 12:37 PM, inthehottub said:

That is a cool book. 

I'm thinking about doing some Peter Mayhew in Dallas. 

Thanks!  Michael Bell was very nice - glad to have met him.  He was talkative and had a great sense of humor!  He was also very accommodating in signing the books however I wanted which I was grateful for.

If you do Peter Mayhew at Dallas - I would suggest not asking Peter Mayhew to also sign "Chewbacca."  Or at least do it at your own risk.  I will submit a picture of a book later showing what that could look like.  

ACC - 1.JPG

Edited by DELTA 62