• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Netflix's ARMY OF THE DEAD directed by Zack Snyder (TBD)
1 1

199 posts in this topic

Zack Snyder has been a very busy man promoting Zack Snyder’s Justice League and this weekend he and his fans are celebrating. We are not sure what the future holds for Zack when it comes to making more DC movies but it seems he might have a future in the zombie movie business. Army of the Dead is the directors next big film and it hits Netflix in May. With the wave Zack is riding right now who knows what studios are contacting him to make more films. Netflix is one of those studios and a new rumor indicates they want Zack back for more zombie mayhem.

According to a report from Small Screen, Netflix is excited about the upcoming zombie/action film and the success Zack Snyder’s Justice League is having, that they want him to make a sequel. The report says Army of the Dead is tracking very well and studio execs are thinking the film will do huge numbers for the streaming service.

“Netflix is expecting Army Of The Dead to do huge numbers. There are many reasons for this: the positive reaction to the film’s promotional material on social media, Snyder’s popularity and the fact that his Justice League cut has been doing very well. People want to see more from Snyder and Netflix is also very, very happy with how Army Of The Dead has turned out”

The report also says Netflix wants Snyder to sign an exclusive deal with them. I was actually just talking about this the other day. If Army of the Dead does massive numbers for Netflix, I could see them locking down Snyder for even more films. The director has a prequel film and spin-off anime film called Army of the Dead: Lost Vegas which is developed by Zack Snyder and Jay Oliva.

I’m hoping this is a success for Netflix because Zack has said that not only is there room for expansion in this world but he has crazy plans. I think he has a sequel in mind. 
Here’s my prediction. Vegas is sealed off by shipping containers to contain the outbreak. The end of Army of the Dead will show a breach in the wall caused by whatever. There are explosions in the teaser so who knows. Then it spreads through Nevada and then the rest of the country. Boom, Army of the Dead 2.

17 minutes ago, Oddball said:

I’m hoping this is a success for Netflix because Zack has said that not only is there room for expansion in this world but he has crazy plans. I think he has a sequel in mind. 
Here’s my prediction. Vegas is sealed off by shipping containers to contain the outbreak. The end of Army of the Dead will show a breach in the wall caused by whatever. There are explosions in the teaser so who knows. Then it spreads through Nevada and then the rest of the country. Boom, Army of the Dead 2.

I think Netflix is onboard with a Zack 'Army of the Dead' franchise.

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

I think Netflix is onboard with a Zack 'Army of the Dead' franchise.

I read somewhere the prequel is not a zombie movie but instead shows the actor that plays the safecracker pulling some jobs before getting offered the Vegas gig. I mean I’ll still watch it. Also, the guy that plays the safecracker is the director of the prequel.