• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicSupply Grading Contest Round 7

292 posts in this topic

this was my third straight tie with Zipper. Curse you Zipper! Curse you all to hell! grin.gif

27_laughing.gif

The feeling is mutual. Will you roll over and screw one up already? grin.gif

Some folks are griping about the format, but IMO, the head-to-head match-up format really makes it MUCH more exciting than simply adding up points.

I was thisclose to giving it a 9.2. In my PM to ComicSupply, I said "I'm guessing a 9.4, but its probably a 9.2." I should go with my AMPLE GUT. Argh.

Some folks are griping about the format, but IMO, the head-to-head match-up format really makes it MUCH more exciting than simply adding up points.

I LOVE the format, it's those stupid Byes that suck.

I was thisclose to giving it a 9.2. In my PM to ComicSupply, I said "I'm guessing a 9.4, but its probably a 9.2." I should go with my AMPLE GUT. Argh.

Three rounds ago I was thisclose to giving that book a 7.0 (our first tie), but as I tend to undergrade, I gave it an extra .5. Thus our first tie with 6.5 and 7.5. cloud9.gif

Jeez, why didn't I follow my gut and bump you off then?!? frustrated.gif27_laughing.gif

Perhaps it's just me, but it appears as though the books in this contest haven't benefitted from the Niko's bump. Unless there is a tear to an interior page, there's not a doubt in my mind that Nikos would have milked a 9.4, or maybe even a 9.6 outta this book. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I LOVE the format, it's those stupid Byes that suck.

wahmbulance.gif

(Excuse the misspelling. It's not my fault; and I never saved the corrected version.)

sorry about not submitting a grade guys. I usually wait a few hours before the deadline to submit... as was my strategy this time...

yesterday morning my brother and his family from out of town surprised me.. and as i had the day off... we spent the whole day downtown... sorry guys

sorry about not submitting a grade guys. I usually wait a few hours before the deadline to submit... as was my strategy this time...

yesterday morning my brother and his family from out of town surprised me.. and as i had the day off... we spent the whole day downtown... sorry guys

no apologies are necessary, damn,,, when I first started to read your post "yesterday my brother" and I was thinking damn something bad is about to come up, but it was a good reason. Hey you know where your priorities are! Hope you all had a great time! hi.gif

wahmbulance.gif

Once again, Mr Math Genius, work these numbers:

66.6% of those receiving a Bye are STILL in the Winners Tier, while only 5% of those NOT receiving a Bye are still in.

66.6% vs. 5% - do the math.

Seriously, do the math. makepoint.gif

wahmbulance.gif

66.6% of those receiving a Bye are STILL in the Winners Tier, while only 5% of those NOT receiving a Bye are still in.

I'm no math genius but stands to reason there's fewer byes than people that haven't had a bye. So that would naturally push the average up for the byes or bye people. 27_laughing.gif

I'm no math genius...

Right the first time. 27_laughing.gif

For the math-challenged, here's the deal:

3 Byes were given out in the Winners category.

Of those 3 Bye recipients, 2 of them (out of 3 in Winners total) remain in the Winner's Category.

Of the other 20 players who did NOT receive a Bye, only a SINGLE ONE remains in the Winner's category.

3 people got a Bye and 2 remain.

20 people did not get a Bye, and only 1 remains.

Even a chimp could understand that. makepoint.gif

wahmbulance.gif

JC, I chose not to do that math, 'cause frankly I don't give a damn. I think you're just sore because you lost a round.