• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicSupply Grading Contest Round 7

292 posts in this topic

Gun_smokes.gif ...................... Norinn4.jpg

Nope we won't meet anymore, I've been takin care of business.

Not Norinn Radd......NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....That is gruesome & hilarious at the same time....BTW I'm a Gemini... 27_laughing.gifsign-funnypost.gif

You'll get what's commin to ya nef....It's not enough the Avengers kicked your but in issue #159 now you have ta wear that funny lookin costume.......... sumo.gif

Loved that battle when I was a kid. cloud9.gif

AVENGERS159.jpg

I remember I started collecting & reading with issue # 157 or was it 158 with Vision vs. WonderMan confused-smiley-013.gif love that iss too! Also was it # 152 when WonderMan came back to life.. Did'nt Byrne start with iss.# 159,I remember lookin forward to getting next month's copy, My favorite issue in his run is probably #160,where I believe it's WonderMan & the Vision shackled nealing on the floor....with what's his face on the cover... 27_laughing.gif If whover reads this can understand it at all...PLEASE HELP ME HERE!! hi.gif

I remember I started collecting & reading with issue # 157 or was it 158 with Vision vs. WonderMan confused-smiley-013.gif love that iss too! Also was it # 152 when WonderMan came back to life.. Did'nt Byrne start with iss.# 159,I remember lookin forward to getting next month's copy, My favorite issue in his run is probably #160,where I believe it's WonderMan & the Vision shackled nealing on the floor....with what's his face on the cover... 27_laughing.gif If whover reads this can understand it at all...PLEASE HELP ME HERE!! hi.gif

05815547774.152.GIF

05815547774.158.GIF

05815547774.160.GIF

Byrne started with this issue (I think):

1571_4_164.jpg

Gun_smokes.gif ...................... Norinn4.jpg

Nope we won't meet anymore, I've been takin care of business.

Good lord are you trying to kill me, I was drinking something as I am reading and almost choked when I saw that!!! That was great!

Now I know your weakness... devil.gif

Humor, gets me every time!

Would anyone be interested in additional statistics on 'lok's results spreadsheet?

Namely, a tally of a person's guesses based on their grading (i.e. on-the-mark, undergraded, overgraded).

The win-loss-tie is all well and good, but doesn't actually address their CGC-compatibility score tongue.gif.

If there's interest (and Deathlok is willing to add them), I could go back and do the research for the prior rounds).

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

The win-loss-tie is all well and good, but doesn't actually address their CGC-compatibility score tongue.gif.

But that's not what this contest is about, and is kind of unfair.

More than once I went the "safe route" to remain close and potentially knock out my opponent, whereby if this was Niko's contest, I would have guessed more exactly, as I would be up against 50 other people.

This contest is purely about winning or losing, not about the grade or how close you got throughout, but being able to out-think and outwit your opponent each round. Sometimes that means picking 8.5 just to be safe when you know in your heart it's an 8.0... but you also know he'll probably guess higher. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I applaud the guys still left in the Winner's circle and bringing in totally meaningless stats won't put any of us back in there. sorry.gif

I guess I don't think about the other person that much. Seems like if you nail the grade you at least get a tie. You can't be beaten.

All you really need to understand is how this contest really works. No one is 100%, bet-his-life sure, dead certain about ANY grade, so a part of the game is determining your odds of winning against that particular opponent.

But when going against 50 other people simultaneously, you have to risk it and take your best shot, because you know someone out of the 50 will nail it. But when it's one-on-one, that is not always true and strategy (keep it close vs. take a risk) plays a larger part.

I guess I don't think about the other person that much. Seems like if you nail the grade you at least get a tie. You can't be beaten.

All you really need to understand is how this contest really works. No one is 100%, bet-his-life sure, dead certain about ANY grade, so a part of the game is determining your odds of winning against that particular opponent.

But when going against 50 other people simultaneously, you have to risk it and take your best shot, because you know someone out of the 50 will nail it. But when it's one-on-one, that is not always true and strategy (keep it close vs. take a risk) plays a larger part.

On the other hand, I think the undergrade/overgrade statistics could be telling... but I guess that is for each of us to decide.

Fan4Fan, I'd actually like the statistics of grades nailed, and grades off by maybe just one grade (or 0.5). That why people will learn that I really do know what I'm doing.

In 6 rounds so far: 2 grades nailed, 3 grades off by just 0.5

On the other hand, I think the undergrade/overgrade statistics could be telling... but I guess that is for each of us to decide.

Hey, break leg. I just think it's amusing when we have these games, played under a specific set of rules (that we may agree or disagree with) with totally identifiable winners and losers, and then people start posting their own set of stats.

Sure, there may be someone in Losers with a better "Niko's contest grading average" than someone in Winners , but that means about two dead flies. This isn't Niko's contest, it's a one-on-one elimination.

I just play by the rules, and try and win through whatever means necessary. I'd imagine everyone else does too, and if you think people are not trying to outthink their opponents, then you're dreaming.

If Nikos runs a contest using the format you seem to like, then I'd play to win there too. But you can't compare the two.

Hey, break leg. I just think it's amusing when we have these games, played under a specific set of rules (that we may agree or disagree with) with totally identifiable winners and losers, and then people start posting their own set of stats.

Sure, there may be someone in Losers with a better "Niko's contest grading average" than someone in Winners , but that means about two dead flies. This isn't Niko's contest, it's a one-on-one elimination.

I just play by the rules, and try and win through whatever means necessary. I'd imagine everyone else does too, and if you think people are not trying to outthink their opponents, then you're dreaming.

If Nikos runs a contest using the format you seem to like, then I'd play to win there too. But you can't compare the two.

JC, I never said there was anything wrong with thinking about what the competition might be thinking about what their competition is thinking about... tongue.gif

Just that that's not how I view it.

And I'm a statistics wonk, so sue me.

Here's the only statistic that matters:

deathlok, october_fire, Flying Donut and Zipper68 are in Winners group and one of them will emerge victorious.

The End.

deathlok, october_fire, Flying Donut and Zipper68 are in Winners group and one of them will emerge victorious.

The End.

Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

The End.

Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

No, I'm just not in the mood for more whining about CGC grading contests.

This stuff just drains the fun out of the whole deal and whoever is against me might be looking at a bye this week.

joe, I understand, but here is my suggestion to you. ignore all the posts in the grading contest threads, aside from the actual posting of the grades and books. nobody is forcing you to read posts where others are complaining about how the contest is being run. thumbsup2.gif