• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicSupply Grading Contest Round 7

292 posts in this topic

No, I'm just not in the mood for more whining about CGC grading contests.

This stuff just drains the fun out of the whole deal

You've been whining about Ties since round one. I keep hoping you'll get a tie.

[You've been whining about Ties since round one. I keep hoping you'll get a tie.

Where was this again? I stated that I was glad to have NO ties, as you CGC dogs would be on me in no time, but I don't recall whining about ties, or posting STATS illustrating where the potential "grade fixing" may be taking place. 27_laughing.gif

nobody is forcing you to read posts where others are complaining about how the contest is being run. thumbsup2.gif

Just as nobody is forcing you to read posts where I call you guys whining little weiners. thumbsup2.gif

Who's whining?

I have not once complained about the rules of this contest. Nor Nikos' last contest, nor the one...

well, maybe we won't talk about that one... poke2.gif

I was just curious from a statistical standpoint....

Sheesh!

I was just curious from a statistical standpoint....

I agree, so work the stats to satisfy your own PERSONAL curiosity. No problem there. But once you post it on here, then it's obviously agenda-based whining.

You're free to do either one, but let's be clear what's going on. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

And I'm a statistics wonk, so sue me.

Here's the only statistic that matters:

deathlok, october_fire, Flying Donut and Zipper68 are in Winners group and one of them will emerge victorious.

The End.

Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

Come on, you know for a fact that JC's bed doesn't have a right side! 27_laughing.gif

Come on, you know for a fact that JC's bed doesn't have a right side! 27_laughing.gif

To be fair Red, I'm the one trying to keep this contest clean and devoid of the incessant whining that plagued the last few.

I think the others in the conversation had better check their point of bed-exit.

Joe, you know you just get yourself in trouble when you make definitive statements like the one regarding who's going to win. No offense, but you're dead wrong as often as you're right.

And I think you lower yourself when you start grousing about making a drama-queen exit. Come on!

How about less discussion, and just grade the mothers. confused-smiley-013.gif

I mean if this contest were based on pure verbosity, you would have won it hands down already.

Joe, you know you just get yourself in trouble when you make definitive statements like the one regarding who's going to win.

One of them will win the Winners Crown, and will go out undefeated. Whatever happens after that is just ComicSupply's way of giving the poor Losers and Meg-Losers something to play for. 27_laughing.gif

Once Deathlok booted me from Winners, that was it for my title dreams. sorry.gif

[You've been whining about Ties since round one. I keep hoping you'll get a tie.

Where was this again? I stated that I was glad to have NO ties, as you CGC dogs would be on me in no time, but I don't recall whining about ties, or posting STATS illustrating where the potential "grade fixing" may be taking place. 27_laughing.gif

I waited patiently through the last contest. This contest opened up and I joined hoping to do moderately average. The first round came and I nailed it. I was thrilled. Sure it was beginners luck, but I was thrilled. Unfortunately for me, Kilt also nailed it. A tie. Round three a tie with Norinn, then a tie with Nefaria. All the while you grumble in the background about these SUSPICIOUS ties.

Then comicsupply mentions that maybe a round should have a mystery opponent.

I quickly said, yes that's a good idea. Hoping that would take away all the grumbling. But as soon as Comicsupply suggested the mystery opponent, you said, NO.

I think you said no, because that would take away something to complain about.

Now Fan4 wants to dazzle us with some nice statistics, that certainly won't hinder or hurt any of the final results, but you got a problem with that also.

I'm the one trying to keep this contest clean and devoid of the incessant whining that plagued the last few.

Well thank God for that. It's a wonder how we lasted so long without you.

yeahok.gif

Well, I see a couple of contenders in the Losers bracket. Including yourself, Toro and Arty. Let's just let it play out. I would make a bet with you, but we don't wanna' go there! 27_laughing.gif

I'm the one trying to keep this contest clean and devoid of the incessant whining that plagued the last few.

Well thank God for that. It's a wonder how we lasted so long without you.

yeahok.gif

"We're gonna' break out the hats and hooters when Joe C. comes home...." - Donald Fagen

But as soon as Comicsupply suggested the mystery opponent, you said, NO.

Nice logic Einstein. I STATED CLEARLY why I liked switching the matchups, didn't like mystery opponents, as it takes away from the "trash talking" between opponents.

Oh well, it seems that you whiners are all trying to drain this contest of any fun, and you've succeeded. Congrats!! boo.gif

Oh well, it seems that you whiners are all trying to drain this contest of any fun, and you've succeeded. Congrats!! boo.gif
Yeah, I woke up this morning saying to myself "How can I drain this contest of any fun?" screwy.gif

But as soon as Comicsupply suggested the mystery opponent, you said, NO.

Nice logic Einstein. I STATED CLEARLY why I liked switching the matchups, didn't like mystery opponents, as it takes away from the "trash talking" between opponents.

No JC. As usually you've talked yourself into not having a good time and being a victim.

No JC. As usually you've talked yourself into not having a good time and being a victim.

I'm hardly a victim. I'm in the Loser area, and can't win the top crown anyway.

I applaud the four guys still in there, and am not looking for any mystery stats on why I should still be there, and someone else should not. I lost, fair and square.

Jesus i can't believe all this came from fan4fan just asking if people wanted some stats shown screwy.gif

I for one would like to see how everyone has done. Just out of interest. Fan4Fan (im still in a huff with you for knocking me out!) if you do feel compelled to make up some stats feel free to PM me a list? I'd love to have a look at them cool.gif