• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adverts in Old Comics
3 3

93 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, GARYSTAR said:

Not the best of condition but here's my Hulk one.....

1738390717_hulkshooter.jpg.e758b0dd7acf05604a317a8dd236e57b.jpg

Hulk like Hulk Flying Fist Shooter. Hulk Flying Fist Shooter is cool. Shoots flying Hulk fists. But if board members should begin to mock Hulks Hulk Flying Fist Shooter, and call it a pansies toy, then Hulk will SMASH! Hulk.gif.ac12a4a8a2ebfa39d369a6f3756eb5fe.gif

22 minutes ago, letsgrumble said:

Two first startling issues for the summer of 1972.

mm010_ads.thumb.JPG.b91264725482cf093348d913fed225ee.JPG

And if I may also direct your attention to the last panel of the left page, that is a very reasonable question for someone to ask.

Dr. Evil: Scott, I want you to meet daddy's nemesis, Austin Powers.

Scott Evil: What? Are you feeding him? Why don't you just kill him?

Dr. Evil: I have an even better idea. I'm going to place him in an easily escapable situation involving an overly elaborate and exotic death.

—Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery

On 1/30/2019 at 3:54 PM, porcupine48 said:

Love it.I was always a little weirded out as a kid when there would be adverts for another companies character in a book.Talking copper age here,video games and such,but also food product adverts with a rival companies character featured as a prize.And seemed so common in the bronze age for the tshirts,posters ect at the time to have both DC and Marvel.I wish I had some Charlton clothing.

This is from my cousin's old stash Batman 357 squid cover I think '82ish. It does look out of sorts doesn't it lol 

The ad appears to resemble Kane's art?

20200308_220753.jpg

On 1/11/2020 at 7:38 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

Hulk like Hulk Flying Fist Shooter. Hulk Flying Fist Shooter is cool. Shoots flying Hulk fists. But if board members should begin to mock Hulks Hulk Flying Fist Shooter, and call it a pansies toy, then Hulk will SMASH! Hulk.gif.ac12a4a8a2ebfa39d369a6f3756eb5fe.gif

I NEED ONE!!! :ohnoez: And a Spider-man "web" shooter also!!