• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Video: A Tour of John Byrne's studio (and his OA collection)
1 1

38 posts in this topic

What a wonderful and insightful video, a glimpse intro Byrne's inner sanctum.  So great to see JB's impressive collection and hear him discuss his personal/sentimental attachment with several pieces...he truly collects pages that bring him personal joy.  To paraphrase, "These pieces are either significant to me, historically meaningful or just plain cool!"  Loved that twice-up Kirby FF page inked by Ditko with a Spidey cameo, was that from FF #13??  Plus, an astonishing collection of comic action figures--- all free of packaging, ready to engage-- including a life-size (gulp!) Gal Gadot Wonder Woman.  Clearly, Byrne's workspace may appear cluttered but surely inspiring to be surrounded by so many personal treasures. :cloud9:

Thanks for sharing.

11 hours ago, wurstisart said:

How can I share that Facebook link ?

You can :

share the link to my post  : https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/446124-video-a-tour-of-john-byrnes-studio-and-his-oa-collection/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-10548390

right-click ont the video : Copy video url at the current time. Here it is :

https://www.facebook.com/joseluis.shazam/videos/1659415887525504/?t=0

24 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Perfect !!!!! Thanks.

On 1/31/2019 at 11:47 AM, wurstisart said:

Stream still doesn’t work overseas.

Unfortunately. Would love to share this with a few collecting buddy’s.

sorry guys, I've let the tech team at SYFY know about it so they can figure out what's keeping it blocked from international viewers.

On 1/31/2019 at 4:04 PM, GreatEscape said:

What a wonderful and insightful video, a glimpse intro Byrne's inner sanctum.  So great to see JB's impressive collection and hear him discuss his personal/sentimental attachment with several pieces...he truly collects pages that bring him personal joy.  To paraphrase, "These pieces are either significant to me, historically meaningful or just plain cool!"  Loved that twice-up Kirby FF page inked by Ditko with a Spidey cameo, was that from FF #13??  Plus, an astonishing collection of comic action figures--- all free of packaging, ready to engage-- including a life-size (gulp!) Gal Gadot Wonder Woman.  Clearly, Byrne's workspace may appear cluttered but surely inspiring to be surrounded by so many personal treasures. :cloud9:

Thanks for sharing.

No, that was pg #2 from Strange Tales Annual #2.

On 1/30/2019 at 10:41 AM, fsumavila said:

Hi folks,

I produced/hosted this video feature on John Byrne's studio, which is PACKED with great original comic art and other amazing collectibles. John was very gracious with his time, as usual, and his fandom is apparent. The guy loves comics. 

Hope you guys enjoy it ...and please excuse my S**t-eating grin on the screen grab -- I was giddy being surrounded by John's absurd collection.

Great video, great artist and fan!  His run of FF is simply the best continuous read ever in comics.

Anyone have John’s address, I want to send him a little something for his studio (since he seems to be lacking in display items😀)