• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Is Wrong With This Picture? (CGC FB post)
1 1

60 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

Does not bother me in the least.  Does everyone grade their books by placing them on a flat surface and moving your body around them, like they are the Dead Sea Scrolls and they are going to disintegrate if you breathe on them?  LOL.

Welcome to the Boards!

2 hours ago, jcjames said:

Other than that's not MY book LOL! 

51007108_2231680460209280_11871831416268

Grading and sniffing some premium vintage newsprint as well.  Nice. I’m just a bit concerned that inhaling too much could be irritant and make him sneeze over this classic pamphlet. 

Edited by Ken Aldred

36 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

He got in Against All Odds by promising to drum up trade. And he doesn't need gloves because he seems to have an Invisible Touch, yeah. Trouble is, he lent his grading guide to Dio. He's having to go to court to get it back, which is tiresome as he has a stutter. It's coming to something when you have to sue, sue, sue Dio.

I'm here all week :)

631d0c6d-a9aa-4003-afad-f3d99c0bfce2_zps2fddb7ce.jpg.9d762596ad1ae945c1e2b27597f5aeda.jpg Jonny sez no PHILS ALLOWED.

45 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

Does not bother me in the least.  Does everyone grade their books by placing them on a flat surface and moving your body around them, like they are the Dead Sea Scrolls and they are going to disintegrate if you breathe on them?  LOL.

Did you ever see that video posted(briefly) across the street of Dice manhandling that Avengers 4?I wish I could post that here.

32 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:
49 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

They hammer stains too you know

Is that free pressing?

Not if it's by MC Hammer. He can't touch this.  

11 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Grading and sniffing some premium vintage newsprint as well.  Nice. I’m just a bit concerned that inhaling too much could be irritant and make him sneeze over this classic pamphlet. 

It would show up too, as Hulk isn't green yet. 

4 minutes ago, TellItToTheJudge said:

Yup, the Head of Pressing at CBCS did this.

Y8xIxB1.gif

You spin me right round, baby right round,  like a record baby, round round round round :headbang:

40 minutes ago, Park said:
1 hour ago, seanfingh said:

Welcome to the Boards!

Dirty sock washer!

Can you imagine the shocked looks if they saw how some dealers handle their books?

:ohnoez:

19 minutes ago, GACollectibles said:
59 minutes ago, Park said:

Welcome to the Boards!

Dirty sock washer!

One handed grader!

2 minutes ago, Darkowl said:

He should be wearing a face mask too. Wouldn't want pieces of his pubic hair mustache to fall and land in my book. 

Ok, so far we've got pubes, snot and post toilet hand residue on this book. It's not working out like they hoped is it. 

3 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

I strongly dislike how the book is being handled. Perhaps he could look at it while it is flat on a table surface.

I would think that they staged this photo to give the avg Joe the impression that they look at books with a more critical eye. It’s a message. Fact is that loop is too far from the eye to even be used right.

1 hour ago, Park said:
1 hour ago, GACollectibles said:
2 hours ago, Park said:
2 hours ago, seanfingh said:

Welcome to the Boards!

Dirty sock washer!

One handed grader!

Of course, I need the other to feed me Cheetos while I'm grading.

I have an air hole levitation system much like air hockey that holds my books up and turns pages for me.