• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Is Wrong With This Picture? (CGC FB post)
1 1

60 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, kav said:

I have an air hole levitation system much like air hockey that holds my books up and turns pages for me.

In England, we call that a fart.

3 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

He got in Against All Odds by promising to drum up trade. And he doesn't need gloves because he seems to have an Invisible Touch, yeah. Trouble is, he lent his grading guide to Dio. He's having to go to court to get it back, which is tiresome as he has a stutter. It's coming to something when you have to sue, sue, sue Dio.

I'm here all week :)

I could feel that coming in the air tonight, oh Lord.

3 hours ago, romanheart said:

I have the exact same magnifying lens. I can't see the need for it except to authenticate genuine autographs from autopens.

I always grade under magnification. If you don't, I feel you can miss out on the kind of flaws that can surprise you.  

I also, always, grade with the book in hand. Moving a book closer to you is easier than moving around the book. 

17 minutes ago, Keys_Collector said:

I wish them two blokes would shut up while I'm trying to watch Brittany :x

brit2.PNG.5f15a9bae394261b04896a199b506dd4.PNG

1 hour ago, GACollectibles said:
2 hours ago, Park said:
2 hours ago, GACollectibles said:
3 hours ago, Park said:
3 hours ago, seanfingh said:

Does not bother me in the least.  Does everyone grade their books by placing them on a flat surface and moving your body around them, like they are the Dead Sea Scrolls and they are going to disintegrate if you breathe on them?  LOL.

Welcome to the Boards!

Dirty sock washer!

One handed grader!

Of course, I need the other to feed me Cheetos while I'm grading.

Is the deduction for orange fingerprints any more or less than regular fingerprints?

9 minutes ago, Park said:
1 hour ago, GACollectibles said:
2 hours ago, Park said:
2 hours ago, GACollectibles said:
3 hours ago, Park said:
3 hours ago, seanfingh said:

Does not bother me in the least.  Does everyone grade their books by placing them on a flat surface and moving your body around them, like they are the Dead Sea Scrolls and they are going to disintegrate if you breathe on them?  LOL.

Welcome to the Boards!

Dirty sock washer!

One handed grader!

Of course, I need the other to feed me Cheetos while I'm grading.

Is the deduction for orange fingerprints any more or less than regular fingerprints?

Watch the grading video and get your question answered live!

22 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Fair play, they just tackled Newton Rings quite openly. I think they're coming across quite well myself. Good for them :)

image.thumb.png.ea30ebe8dd7f9f0c20d6145aa4189d31.png

I copied the video into a pm for reference and to watch later if needed. I can say the Newton rings was answered and can testify with reholders and subbed books with another sub coming in Feb.

They didn't ask about scratches that I saw.

Also is this a normal thing, the video? This is the first I've seen or noticed, but it was invaluable to current situations. 

Anyway lol I hope that there are future vids, is there an archive somewhere?

10 hours ago, seanfingh said:

So basically what you are saying is, "Thoughts and prayers..." lol 

Edited by Buzzetta

13 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I copied the video into a pm for reference and to watch later if needed. I can say the Newton rings was answered and can testify with reholders and subbed books with another sub coming in Feb.

They didn't ask about scratches that I saw.

Also is this a normal thing, the video? This is the first I've seen or noticed, but it was invaluable to current situations. 

Anyway lol I hope that there are future vids, is there an archive somewhere?

It's the first live video I've seen Mark. I'm surprised by the lack of commentary here this morning I have to say. I would've thought that there would be a few thoughts at least on what was said. Perhaps it's being discussed elsewhere. There seemed to be oceans of comments on the Youtube page while it was live, not that I could work out what was going on. Do you ever get the feeling that everyone is somewhere else? The boards feel like a small local gathering across two tables in McDonalds, while ten thousand people are partying hard down the road in a warehouse hm

Regie had another live session with CGC a couple of weeks ago focused on restoration.  Check his video content on his YouTube page and you'll see it.  I haven't watched the video from yesterday either but I am surprised they actually didn't disregard the Newton Ring issue.  I thought it would be dismissed and it wouldn't be allowed to be brought up.  Good on them for at least discussing it.

12 minutes ago, Keys_Collector said:

Regie had another live session with CGC a couple of weeks ago focused on restoration.  Check his video content on his YouTube page and you'll see it. 

Thanks. He got on my nerves a bit, but I'll give it a look

12 minutes ago, Keys_Collector said:

I haven't watched the video from yesterday either but I am surprised they actually didn't disregard the Newton Ring issue.  I thought it would be dismissed and it wouldn't be allowed to be brought up.  Good on them for at least discussing it.

Yes, they were quite unfazed by it all if that's the right word. Dealing only in online debates can lead you to form skewed opinions I think, on reflection. I've been guilty of that. Seeing actual people talking and responding puts a very different spin on it and I'm glad they did this. Good to see their intent is full elimination too. And Brittany as I've said before is a real asset to CGC - I like how she tackles / wants to tackle everything head on, and doesn't shy away from dealing with things. I didn't mean for my jokey post earlier to be patronising, if that's how it came across. With a few more positive, proactive people like her in companies, the world would be a better place. 

27 minutes ago, cosmic_surfer said:

I think his YT videos are for noobs or something... 

he would do well to put time stamps in the description and label them about specific topics. The video is rather long and would benefit from that.

example:

0:00 - 2:31 introduction

2:32 - 5:21 pressing

etc.

Then you click on the part of the video you want to listen to.