• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books from 1939 are 80 years old.
5 5

128 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, PopKulture said:

I picture Richard like Scrooge McDuck, swimming around in one of those over-sized money bins, except the Bedrock bin is filled with high-grade golden age slabs. 

(That, and I can't reconcile Scrooge wearing an Astros jersey...)  :shy:

hm It may be time for a new picture...

1 hour ago, mwotka said:

1939 was a great year for the industry.  Hard competing with some of you heavy hitters, although viewing what you have is a real pleasure!  Here a few of mine...

adventure 45.jpg

Amazing Man 8.jpg

I love the first story in that Amazing Man. It’s been years, but as I recall Aman is wandering around Europe when WWII comes to his attention. He decides to check it out and for grins wants to see what life would be like in a concentration camp. So he breaks into one. One guard is quite worried Aman is not getting enough to eat and urges him to eat more soup. 

Crazy. If only we knew then what we know now

14 minutes ago, comicjack said:

aman5.jpg.36b3ec0e9d5ac9b3d31c1b183c679a5c.jpg

Can anyone explain what the big deal is with this book? Aside from old and rare, is it the subject matter that makes this a must have? I never delved into the hows and whys on this one. I never had a desire to pursue a copy. It wins most unusual, I’ll give it that. Does the insides coincide with the cover?

22 minutes ago, Junkdrawer said:

Can anyone explain what the big deal is with this book? Aside from old and rare, is it the subject matter that makes this a must have? I never delved into the hows and whys on this one. I never had a desire to pursue a copy. It wins most unusual, I’ll give it that. Does the insides coincide with the cover?

At your request

102_5642.JPG

25 minutes ago, Junkdrawer said:

Stick to the hot girls Chris more of a market lol