• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books from 1939 are 80 years old.
5 5

128 posts in this topic

Tarzan_Page_1.thumb.jpg.1d978635db34a15c5fa53e97654511d7.jpg

Hello again. This is my second post to the CGC boards. I have one book published from 1939.  It is probably my prettiest Golden Age comic.  The colors are vibrant, and the pages are white.  I think it has a cool cover, and it was on the news stand at the same time as Detective 27.  Oh, and it's the highest CGC graded ... sort of .... I cracked it out to look at it. Silly me.

4 minutes ago, drwente said:

Hello again. This is my second post to the CGC boards. I have one book published from 1939.  It is probably my prettiest Golden Age comic.  The colors are vibrant, and the pages are white.  I think it has a cool cover, and it was on the news stand at the same time as Detective 27.  Oh, and it's the highest CGC graded ... sort of .... I cracked it out to look at it. Silly me.

Don't blame you for that one bit.

3 hours ago, drwente said:

I'm stunned to see an 80 year old comic look like it was purchased from the store yesterday.  Amazing.  Congrats on the find, and yes.... cool cover.