• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

nearmint's Comic Book Spotlight

33 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Have owned this for years and it really hasn't grown much in value. But I love the JSA/Solomon Grundy angle which I why I bought it 20 years ago.

In higher grades it doesn’t trade as often as most other SA books.  Looking at GPA, a 9.4 sold earlier this year for $2125, but that’s the first GPA sale at that grade level since 2013 when it sold for a mere $717.  I think that’s a significant jump in 6 years.

Same thing at 9.2 where it sold last year for $1500, the first GPA sale at that grade level since 2008 when three sales averaged $450.

In high grades, people seem to be holding onto this book.

2 minutes ago, nearmint said:

In higher grades it doesn’t trade as often as most other SA books.  Looking at GPA, a 9.4 sold earlier this year for $2125, but that’s the first GPA sale at that grade level since 2013 when it sold for a mere $717.  I think that’s a significant jump in 6 years.

Same thing at 9.2 where it sold last year for $1500, the first GPA sale at that grade level since 2008 when three sales averaged $450.

In high grades, people seem to be holding onto this book.

Mines only an 8.0 by my estimation. Still love owning it. 

Jeff , what a great book to own in that grade. I have one myself,  maybe a 6.0. raw.  Murphy Anderson was/ is one of my fave artists from the Silver Age. Congrats , on a stunning copy. (worship) Btw , your right, #56 kicks   also!!!

Edited by PUNYHUMAN