• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

nearmint's Comic Book Spotlight

33 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, SuperBird said:

Beautiful book! Do you still have the run of 10-20 (or roundabouts) that you owned years back? 

No. I currently have 8-10, 16, 18, 21, 26, 32.

Edited by nearmint

1 hour ago, FoggyNelson said:

Nice video,s thanks👍

Thanks, Foggy.  I should be doing one tonight reviewing the new Sideshow Daredevil Premium Format.  I'll post that one in the statue thread. 

Thanks for the videos!  Well done.  Perfect length.  I like the details on what you think are the main reasons for the grade and why you think the copy presents well for its grade.

I see a shelf of TPBs back there. Maybe you could flip through a few pages of the story if you have a reprint for the slab you are showing?

I like the historical tidbits, it is interesting to me to hear a mention of the historical context in which the issue was released, why this piece of work from this writer/artist is important (or not), who did the cover, how it is representative or unusual (or not) etc.  Knowing those things bring a book to life for me even if it's in a slab.

Maybe drop a black or white cloth on the speckled marble table for sharp contrast with light or dark covers?  They might pop more... And might save your cases from scuffs.

Thanks!

9 hours ago, nearmint said:

Here’s a spotlight on Showcase #55...

Have owned this for years and it really hasn't grown much in value. But I love the JSA/Solomon Grundy angle which I why I bought it 20 years ago.