• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Could my AF 15 benefit from a CCS press?
2 2

136 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, KryptoSpidey said:

So It's different than CCS ,CGCs own company removing restoration? Get a life dude. Removing more book to get rid of a trimmed edge is worse than scraping a hole in a book to remove amateur marker resto,which they at CCS do daily. Check yourself

I think this is all shady too.Just because a majority have accepted it because these companies have said it's okay doesn't make it so in my eyes.Removing restoration is just restoration to me,and further removing parts of a book to get a blue label is sad and destructive.Didn't mean to seem to single you out-it's all shady to me but that happens,cause-money.

20 minutes ago, KryptoSpidey said:

So It's different than CCS ,CGCs own company removing restoration? Get a life dude. Removing more (cover)book to get rid of a trimmed edge is worse than scraping a hole in a book to remove amateur marker resto?,Which they at CCS do daily butchering books. Check yourself

choose whatever validation you require. It is undisclosed manipulation intending to mislead another.

1 hour ago, Artboy99 said:

choose whatever validation you require. It is undisclosed manipulation intending to mislead another.

Undisclosed? No where in anything discussed by me,nor you,nor anyone said anything about undisclosed. I said it could be done. I didn't say anything about disclosure or not or anything on that topic. Don't call me out on that. If you're not familiar with my post in general from a decade ago currently active about undisclosed shady stuff, go read it. 

This topic wasn't about disclosure,it was about can you get a blue label from a trimmed book. The answer is yes to that. Disclosure is a separate topic don't confuse them.

CCS books with resto cut out aren't disclosed by the label 100% or seller, 99.9 % of the time. 

Edited by KryptoSpidey

32 minutes ago, KryptoSpidey said:

Undisclosed? No where in anything discussed by me,nor you,nor anyone said anything about undisclosed. I said it could be done. I didn't say anything about disclosure or not or anything on that topic. Don't call me out on that. If you're not familiar with my post in general from a decade ago currently active about undisclosed shady stuff, go read it. 

This topic wasn't about disclosure,it was about can you get a blue label from a trimmed book. The answer is yes to that. Disclosure is a separate topic don't confuse them.

CCS books with resto cut out aren't disclosed by the label 100% or seller, 99.9 % of the time. 

“The lady doth protest too much, methinks.”

Guys that do the stuff your doing are always secretly proud of it.  As if no one else ever thought of it before, when really most everyone else finds it despicable and wrong to tinker with books.  The gist of it is “get it past” CGC with a blue label and it’s okay.  If no foul gets called, no foul happened, right?  Except it really sucks for the collector that ends up unknowingly with a mutilated book only to find out later that it’s trimmed.  Just ask all the people that spent big money on high grade books from Jason Ewert.  They’ll tell you how cool what you’re doing is.

I do appreciate your honesty, though.  Now I, and everyone else that reads this thread, know what you’re up to and can use that information to decide whether to ever buy books from you.  (thumbsu

5 hours ago, KryptoSpidey said:

You obviously don't know me very well, i have no problem with backing up my statements or actions in life, DUDE.

Second, as others obviously have already mentioned, and pertaining to as exactly as i said "LOW GRADE BOOKS", removing more material solves TRIMMED COVERS. If the book is in rough enough shape, theoretically even a whole trimmed side could be "roughed up" to "hide" the trimming. You obviously wouldn't do this to a HIGH GRADE BOOK unless you didn't care about a significant loss in grade. To whoever the newb is also that suggested i learned something from Ewert. You don't know me from Adam dude. Don't accuse me of doing SHADY stuff or mess with me NEWB. I'll call you out on anything. I'm telling you straight up that you can MASK Trimming on crappy low grade books. PERIOD

Oh boy.  So you're removing part of a book  or roughing it up to hide that it's trimmed?  You may not have learned from Ewart but you're certainly following in his footsteps 'removing or damaging part of a book to deceive (your word mask) CGC graders'.

I'm telling you straight up you're methods are dishonest and unethical.

2 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

you tell your buyers of those blue labels that the book inside the slab is trimmed? The topic becomes what it becomes and there is nothing confusing me here.

The CCS restoration removal books are very obvious. Changing a trimmed book to trick a grading company to get a blue label is not obvious.

Provide a link to your thread, since I am invited to do so I will read it. 

I"M NOT A DEALER!!! MY BUYERS ARE YOU GUYS! FULLY DISCLOSED WHAT I PRESS OR DO.

1 minute ago, KryptoSpidey said:

I never said anything about deceiving CGC GRADERS. YOU are putting words in anyones mouth...not mine. I said it could be done. Just like previously posted. Come at me person_without_enough_empathy boy

Nice, calling me a name and telling me to come at you

4 hours ago, KryptoSpidey said:

So It's different than CCS ,CGCs own company removing restoration? Get a life dude. Removing more (cover)book to get rid of a trimmed edge is worse than scraping a hole in a book to remove amateur marker resto?,Which they at CCS do daily butchering books. Check yourself

Wow, thinks getting hot around here!

i do like threads that challenge my opinions and this one certainly has.  If I had two identical books in front of me, one had rough edges from wear and one had been roughed up to hide trimming I may not know the deifference and would buy them at a price based on current condition, so I’m not sure it would matter to me as a buyer.

i have to say I was uneasy with the idea of someone damaging the edges to get a blue label from CGC, until I read the post I just quoted above.

What is the difference between scrapping off glue or paint to get a blue label and roughing the edges?  Sounds like a very similar intent and action?  Hmmmm

4 minutes ago, 427Impaler said:

Wow, thinks getting hot around here!

i do like threads that challenge my opinions and this one certainly has.  If I had two identical books in front of me, one had rough edges from wear and one had been roughed up to hide trimming I may not know the deifference and would buy them at a price based on current condition, so I’m not sure it would matter to me as a buyer.

i have to say I was uneasy with the idea of someone damaging the edges to get a blue label from CGC, until I read the post I just quoted above.

What is the difference between scrapping off glue or paint to get a blue label and roughing the edges?  Sounds like a very similar intent and action?  Hmmmm

BINGO dude

4 minutes ago, KryptoSpidey said:

MY METHODS ARE DISHONEST AND UNETHICAL? TO WHOM? I'm A COLLECTOR! I DONT SELL RESTORED OR FIXED BOOKS. I HAVE MULTIPLE BOOKS IN MY COLLECTION FOR MY OWN PERSONAL ENJOYMENT THAT ARE "FIXED". WHAT I DO DOESNT AFFECT YOU BUDDY. HAVE YOU SEE THE RECENT BOOKS POSTED FROM CCS? HOLES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BOOK FROM MARKER DUG OUT? OBVIOUSLY RUINED BOOKS. A LOW GRADE .5 PLOD TRIMMED WITH A NEW AMOUNT OF THE COVER " TORN OFF" IS NOTHING MORE THAN WEAR TO A .5 PIECE OF ALREADY. WTF

I think there are 2 problems with your thinking.  The first is this- you assume that if CCS does something that makes it okay.  But it doesn’t.  And their reputation is shaky at best.  The second is this- even if what you say is true, that you’ve never sold a book that you’ve successfully trimmed and gotten a blue label for, the problem is that at some point, you’ll forget which ones are which. Or you’ll pass away and your heirs will have no idea and sell them as legit.  Those of us who’ve been collecting, buying, and selling for decades have seen this play out over and over again.  The result is always the same.  Bad news for somebody after you.

may I ask without caps lock, how do you know these books you have done work to can get blue labels? Whether done for your personal collection or not you still knowingly submitted a trimmed book.

I will agree with you that the removal of restoration produces an ugly result that shouldn't be allowed to be graded in a blue label.

8 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

may I ask without caps lock, how do you know these books you have done work to can get blue labels? Whether done for your personal collection or not you still knowingly submitted a trimmed book.

I will agree with you that the removal of restoration produces an ugly result that shouldn't be allowed to be graded in a blue label.

Guarantee it would.

How wouldn't it. NO TRIMMED EDGE.

A book with a torn edge IS NOT TRIMMED

JUST LIKE a book with a HOLE IN IT isnt a book with a bunch of MARKER ON IT!

Edited by KryptoSpidey

Just now, Artboy99 said:

I agree with you, but that doesn't make it right.

WE are back to this ISN'T about IT being RIGHT or WRONG. Show me where i said it's RIGHT?!

I said it was POSSIBLE, and YOU know that i'm CORRECT.

I DIDN'T say it was RIGHT. NOR would i EVER sell a book like that. BUT I KNOW IT CAN BE DONE along with LOTS of OTHER things.....

PERIOD.

This isnt about being dishonest, selling undisclosed books ect. 

I NEVER SAID ANY OF THAT. EVERYONE ELSE DID.

15 minutes ago, KryptoSpidey said:

MY METHODS ARE DISHONEST AND UNETHICAL? TO WHOM? I'm A COLLECTOR! I DONT SELL RESTORED OR FIXED BOOKS. I HAVE MULTIPLE BOOKS IN MY COLLECTION FOR MY OWN PERSONAL ENJOYMENT THAT ARE "FIXED". WHAT I DO DOESNT AFFECT YOU BUDDY. HAVE YOU SEE THE RECENT BOOKS POSTED FROM CCS? HOLES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BOOK FROM MARKER DUG OUT? OBVIOUSLY RUINED BOOKS. A LOW GRADE .5 PLOD TRIMMED WITH A NEW AMOUNT OF THE COVER " TORN OFF" IS NOTHING MORE THAN WEAR TO A .5 PIECE OF ALREADY. WTF

You call it Fixing or Mask but let's be honest.  You're removing or damaging parts of books to hide restoration and deceive grading companies.

That you can reasonably point out the methods of the most reputable grading company and their subsidiary company CCS to justify your methods is pretty disheartening.  What's being done in this hobby, all for better grades or to FIX or MASK or to make money, is sad.

Just now, thehumantorch said:

You call it Fixing or Mask but let's be honest.  You're removing or damaging parts of books to hide restoration and deceive grading companies.

That you can reasonably point out the methods of the most reputable grading company and their subsidiary company CCS to justify your methods is pretty disheartening.  What's being done in this hobby, all for better grades or to FIX or MASK or to make money, is sad.

I"M NOT A DEALER.

I'VE NEVER SOLD A BOOK NOT DISCLOSED AS PRESSED ,ECT

WHO'S MASKING OR FIXING STUFF TO MAKE MONEY? NOT ME. WHERE'D YOU READ OR INTERPRET THAT FROM OTHER THAN PITCH FORK POKERS IN THIS THREAD?

HAVE I EVER SOLD YOU OR ANYONE ELSE ON THESE BOARDS IN 12+ YEARS ANYTHING BUT GOOD SOLID CGC OR RAW BOOKS? SERIOUSLY? WRONG GUY HERE FOR THAT DUDE....