• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Could my AF 15 benefit from a CCS press?
2 2

136 posts in this topic

On 1/20/2020 at 5:36 PM, KryptoSpidey said:

I have multiple blue universal label low grade books that were low grade PLODS trimmed no more.....

interesting...

14 minutes ago, KryptoSpidey said:

There was a ton of stuff discussed last night and the mods removed the chunk of the good stuff. I'm not going back over it again here, I'm done with the topic

understandable guess I missed out on the discussion.. oh well.. I have heard rumblings before about this stuff in another thread.. 

21 hours ago, Randall Dowling said:

“The lady doth protest too much, methinks.”

Guys that do the stuff your doing are always secretly proud of it.  As if no one else ever thought of it before, when really most everyone else finds it despicable and wrong to tinker with books.  The gist of it is “get it past” CGC with a blue label and it’s okay.  If no foul gets called, no foul happened, right?  Except it really sucks for the collector that ends up unknowingly with a mutilated book only to find out later that it’s trimmed.  Just ask all the people that spent big money on high grade books from Jason Ewert.  They’ll tell you how cool what you’re doing is.

I do appreciate your honesty, though.  Now I, and everyone else that reads this thread, know what you’re up to and can use that information to decide whether to ever buy books from you.  (thumbsu

Thank you for being who you are...  :acclaim:

22 hours ago, KryptoSpidey said:

So how about that guy on eBay or here DILLANUNIVERSE and others selling AF 15 back covers for coverless books to make them .5 instead of NG's?

I had to point out to this poor CGC board member that he had a 1962 Marvel back cover from a Teen Romance comic for a girl not a AF 15 Back cover for sale.

Thoughts on that?

I'm sorry, I can't see why pointing out dishonest choices made by other people is relevant 

10 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

I'm sorry, I can't see why pointing out dishonest choices made by other people is relevant 

Apparently you didn't read my last post. I stated I was done with the topic after the mods removed a good amount of posts,mine and replies to mine. To which YOU respond to a completely out of context post that WAS relevant to previous statements now deleted. 

So once again,to you and everyone else commenting on anything else in this thread I posted or said and can't read it in its entirety because it was removed, simply move on to something else...

Edited by KryptoSpidey

On 1/27/2020 at 5:08 PM, The Lions Den said:

Yeah, it's a real "witch hunt", isn't it? 

So reading in another thread nothing related to this mess, YOU use to WORK at CGC? HMMM..Isn't that awesome. Inject your INPUT as a boardie, a NOOB, yet what were you a MOD before or what? You've got to be kidding me i get posts removed, strike points ect and it's in response to posts i was replying to YOU? Are you serious? Serious BS for the boards here when MODS delete stuff about CCS and CGC and it's a former CGC employee that the comments and posts were interjected with...YOU have no respect from me here on the boards dude. Find your place on the boards with TIME...Everyone else can suck up to you...because "OH I WORKED FOR CGC"...means absolutely nothing to me.PERIOD

Edited by KryptoSpidey

19 minutes ago, KryptoSpidey said:

So reading in another thread nothing related to this mess, YOU use to WORK at CGC? HMMM..Isn't that awesome. Inject your INPUT as a boardie, a NOOB, yet what were you a MOD before or what? You've got to be kidding me i get posts removed, strike points ect and it's in response to posts i was replying to YOU? Are you serious? Serious BS for the boards here when MODS delete stuff about CCS and CGC and it's a former CGC employee that the comments and posts were interjected with...YOU have no respect from me here on the boards dude. Find your place on the boards with TIME...PERIOD

I'm not sure what your problem is but, you are way out of line.  I for one am glad The Lions Den is here.  He is also a respected member of the community.  

4 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

I'm not sure what your problem is but, you are way out of line.  I for one am glad The Lions Den is here.  He is also a respected member of the community.  

I'm out of line?

You obviously didn't read the entire thread either, as posted before that was REMOVED by CGC MODS regarding my posts and HIS. Period.

What's my problem with "lions den"? Exactly that. Wants to comment on a thread, has posts removed from CGC along with mine, then responds to other comments when original comments are removed. Thats the problem. NOT GOOD FOR THE BOARDS! PERIOD

Edited by KryptoSpidey

5 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

ARE you saying that i'm not a respected member of the boards here after 12 + years?

20 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

So whats next? CGC MODS dont like my comments on this thread about CGC or CCS and directly in conversation with an "OLD CGC EMPLOYEE" and i get strikes, stuff removed, as does "lions den"....yet we are all supposed to be be stoked an old CGC employee is a newer board member? RIGHT? Whats next....LIONS DEN calls CGC and says oh hey....

1 minute ago, comicdonna said:

I've read  every word of this thread before the scrub.  I am still in shock.  

1 minute ago, comicdonna said:

I've read  every word of this thread before the scrub.  I am still in shock.  

EVERY WORD? REALLY?

Edited by KryptoSpidey

10 minutes ago, KryptoSpidey said:

What are you shocked about? THE truth?

Since you asked, I was shocked that you admitted to altering several trimmed books to deceive CGC, and getting them into a blue label.  I was also shocked that you said CCS does the same thing, which is false.  CCS would never tear part of a trimmed book off, and allow CGC to put  it in a blue holder.  You also said you disclose all this to buyers of said books.   That is believable.  Yeah.  

6 minutes ago, KryptoSpidey said:

So whats next? CGC MODS dont like my comments on this thread about CGC or CCS and directly in conversation with an "OLD CGC EMPLOYEE" and i get strikes, stuff removed, as does "lions den"....yet we are all supposed to be be stoked an old CGC employee is a newer board member? RIGHT? Whats next....LIONS DEN calls CGC and says oh hey....

1 minute ago, KryptoSpidey said:

I LOVE CATS :headbang:

Just so you know, I don't use my knowledge of CGC to intimidate or harass other board members, I use it to help provide insight into their questions. And even though you've publicly tried to tarnish my good name, I'm not angry. I'm sad...for you. 

13 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

Since you asked, I was shocked that you admitted to altering several trimmed books to deceive CGC, and getting them into a blue label.  I was also shocked that you said CCS does the same thing, which is false.  CCS would never tear part of a trimmed book off, and allow CGC to put  it in a blue holder.  You also said you disclose all this to buyers of said books.   That is believable.  Yeah.  

You obviously read what you wanted to "read" and what others "said"...for the record i never said THAT for starters I EVER sold a book to anyone with ANY restoration removed? Where did you read that? SHOW ME? IVE never sold a book restored or anything else not already a CGC PLOD...I said point blank that any books i have that WERE PLODS are in MY possession. SECOND..show me where i SAID I DID IT? I said it was possible, I had books that were PLODS but aren't any more....that I OWN. AND YES..i said CCS would RIP a HOLE in a BOOK to remove amateur RESTO for a BLUE label that's IS 100 % correct as affirmed by a previous post in this thread whether still here or removed BY A CGC MOD about a book sent to CCS for marker on the cover, ripped apart like an AXE hit the book i believe the poster said about it.

So do you have any more input or questions? 

Edited by KryptoSpidey