• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Could my AF 15 benefit from a CCS press?
2 2

136 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, KryptoSpidey said:

Sorry if you are a guy..or a Q... Donna typically is referred to a female name. My apologies 

A "Q"?  Are you suggesting comicdonna  is with the R&D team of the British Secret Service? :whatthe:

*James Bond reference

23 minutes ago, steveinthecity said:

A "Q"?  Are you suggesting comicdonna  is with the R&D team of the British Secret Service? :whatthe:

*James Bond reference

He is intrepid in his love of trout.

3 hours ago, KryptoSpidey said:

I'm out of line?

You obviously didn't read the entire thread either, as posted before that was REMOVED by CGC MODS regarding my posts and HIS. Period.

What's my problem with "lions den"? Exactly that. Wants to comment on a thread, has posts removed from CGC along with mine, then responds to other comments when original comments are removed. Thats the problem. NOT GOOD FOR THE BOARDS! PERIOD

Sigh. That your posts have been removed is a pretty solid indication that you've been out of line.

Your angry posts in caps is an attempt to discourage opposing posts by shouting them out.  I understand you're emotional but posting in a civil manner would be appreciated.

Calling people noobs or pointing out that you have more time on the boards than some other posters is rude and an attempt to discredit opposing posts.   Rather than denigrating a poster by telling him he's a noob or he hasn't been here as long why not reply to the post logically and make your argument rationally?  And if you truly believe your time on the boards and number of posts you've made validate your posts and invalidate posts than I have more time on the boards and far more posts so I must be right and you must be wrong - something I'd never do.

Telling us to 'come at me bro'  is a definite threat to escalate the situation here or perhaps in person.  That's an attempt to kill opposing discussion using threats.  Do you really think that's an acceptable and valid way to talk on this public forum? 

48 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

Sigh. That your posts have been removed is a pretty solid indication that you've been out of line.

Your angry posts in caps is an attempt to discourage opposing posts by shouting them out.  I understand you're emotional but posting in a civil manner would be appreciated.

Calling people noobs or pointing out that you have more time on the boards than some other posters is rude and an attempt to discredit opposing posts.   Rather than denigrating a poster by telling him he's a noob or he hasn't been here as long why not reply to the post logically and make your argument rationally?  And if you truly believe your time on the boards and number of posts you've made validate your posts and invalidate posts than I have more time on the boards and far more posts so I must be right and you must be wrong - something I'd never do.

Telling us to 'come at me bro'  is a definite threat to escalate the situation here or perhaps in person.  That's an attempt to kill opposing discussion using threats.  Do you really think that's an acceptable and valid way to talk on this public forum? 

.........(yawn)

10 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

Lions Den and i have resolved our stuff privately. Other people calling me out about things that have been removed, my points about such,ect are a waste of time to even engage further on...

Edited by KryptoSpidey

9 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

Pretty sure at the end of the day,YOU at this point are trying to stew the fire per say....

Edited by KryptoSpidey

Dear CGC Board Members... we had a deal... 

@Buzzetta "

To be fair, I have openly said that I am very much against people having CCS scrape or tear off color touch.  I am going to be consistent here and agree with @KryptoSpidey that there is NO DIFFERENCE in what he is doing and what CCS does.  With that said, I think both are instances of low class moves. 

With that said, 

IMG_5901.JPG

16 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Dear CGC Board Members... we had a deal... 

@Buzzetta "

To be fair, I have openly said that I am very much against people having CCS scrape or tear off color touch.  I am going to be consistent here and agree with @KryptoSpidey that there is NO DIFFERENCE in what he is doing and what CCS does.  With that said, I think both are instances of low class moves. 

With that said, 

IMG_5901.JPG

Well we're back to the MODS removed a bunch of the conversation in the thread so you aren't reading everything in full context as posted to other board members..ect. 1) I said it was possible, i own books that i KNOW were in PLOD holders before. 2) I said i never sold any of them to try to DECEIVE anyone since i still own them. 3) I never said that I DID IT to the books. I said it was possible, and that i own the books now. Which i do, purchased from someone that I KNOW did it to the books. But once again, (like you said also), I had no problem with it being no difference than CCS doing their thing...

Any more input?

Edited by KryptoSpidey

6 minutes ago, KryptoSpidey said:

Well we're back to the MODS removed a bunch of the conversation in the thread so you aren't reading everything in full context as posted to other board members..ect. 1) I said it was possible, i own books that i KNOW were in PLOD holders before. 2) I said i never sold any of them to try to DECEIVE anyone since i still own them. 3) I never said that I DID IT to the books. I said it was possible, and that i own the books now. Which i do, purchased from someone that I KNOW did it to the books. But once again, (like you said also), I had no problem with it being no difference than CCS doing their thing...

Any more input?

I don't like it when CCS does it.  I don't like it when anyone else does it. 

Scraping CT off is further damaging a book.  Removing bits and pieces to mask a trimmed edge is further damaging a book. 

Both are low class moves. 

On 2/4/2019 at 6:59 PM, Canadiancomics said:

I’m not entirely sure how long they have been pressing for, but I’ve used one of them before on multiple occasions, and he’s done an amazing jobs on all my books, they present so much better. He’s also pressed many high end keys before, told me that it looks like my af 15 would get a grade bump if I decided to send it to CCS. 

So you think it’s not even worth the $50 to send it in for a screening with CCS? 

I don't understand. If you've used a presser before, and you value their opinion, why ask about CCS. Use your guy.