• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Craig Yoe art collection for sale
1 1

44 posts in this topic

Is Craig Yoe on this message board?  I don't know the guy at all, but he is reportedly selling his entire collection in one lot.  I've seen glimpses of what he might have, and it's not an insignificant amount in size and value.  Does anyone with insight to Craig and his collection have anything they can pass along to explain the unusual strategy of privately selling everything at once?  Color me curious. 

5 minutes ago, Bronty said:

Frustrating posts.   My collection is for sale but I'm not going to say what's in it or give a price.    Ooookay

And yet he's printed a catalog of the inventory.

So this is months(years) in the making and the makings of a long drawn out tease . . . or waste of time. 

1 minute ago, mister_not_so_nice said:

So this is months(years) in the making and the makings of a long drawn out tease . . . or waste of time. 

I'm not of FB (by design) so I can't see any of this myself, but...is the catalog for sale?

Offering (but only in a very difficult manner) but not selling (the actual art) may be the strategy here.

Just now, vodou said:

I'm not of FB (by design) so I can't see any of this myself, but...is the catalog for sale?

Offering (but only in a very difficult manner) but not selling (the actual art) may be the strategy here.

Others have asked about the catalog, but I haven't seen a reply of it's availability.  

21 minutes ago, mister_not_so_nice said:

100%

I just checked my magic 8 ball and this is what came up:

:jokealert:

Beginning with 2020 Heritage winter auction, we're excited to announce we will be offering the famous Craig Yoe collection. 

Featured in gallery shows and now offered throughout the whole year, this is truly a once in a lifetime opportunity to own part of this historic collection.

Edited by Pete Marino

4 hours ago, Bird said:

my email has been sent. I will share if he responds with any information. 

Just kidding, of course I will. :whatthe:

I've watched lots of M*A*S*H reruns but I have a big John Wayne gap in my movie knowledge.   Now I know what movie was being quoted.  Thanks. 

Yep, I'm HERE! Yep, selling my collection. I don't have a printed catalog. I have put together a big digital sample "catalog" of my 50 year+ collection. I am talking to motivated, passionate, honest, more than fair, nice, very qualified types of various sorts that I know or potential buyers good trusted friends and expert advisors have put me in touch with. I'm in serious relationships/talks/actions, making final inventories (not a super speedy process with my Yoe Books work, kids, life, etc.) and will see how this goes. Based on what is transpiring, I have VERY high hopes, but I also have a Plan B in place (I'm not as dumb as I look). It took a lot of thinking and resolve to acquire my collection, I am applying the same to passing it on. We'll see! Meanwhile, because my momma taught me it's nice to share, I'm sharing some images that are fun to look at on Facebook. on a page that's for sharing not for selling anyway, though some folks apparently would like me to. Some kind folks don't like how I'm exactly handling everything, they might do it different. I respect that. Mutual respect is nice but it doesn't always happen like that and that's okay. My best, Craig 

Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 1.08.42 PM.png

Edited by craig yoe