• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Craig Yoe art collection for sale
1 1

44 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, craig yoe said:

Yep, I'm HERE! Yep, selling my collection. I don't have a printed catalog. But I have put together a big digital sample "catalog" of my 50 year+ collection. I am talking to motivated, passionate, honest, more than fair, nice, very qualified types of various sorts that I know or potential buyers good trusted friends and expert advisors have put me in touch with. I'm in serious relationships/talks/actions, making final inventories, and seeing how this goes. Based on what is transpiring, I have high hopes, but I also have a Plan B in place. It took a lot of thinking and resolve to acquire my collection, I am applying the same to passing it on. We'll see! Some kind folks don't like how I'm handling things. Maybe they would do it different. I respect that. Mutual respect is nice but it doesn't always happen like that and that's okay. Best, Craig 

Good luck with the sale!

@craig yoe the shows he mentioned above are small comic art shows. There are two in the NYC area, both in April. You may even be able to finagle a free table due to your staus as an artist. 

http://www.veteriproductions.com/comic-art-con

and the NYC comic art expo run by boardie @Zaddick

34 minutes ago, Bird said:

@craig yoe the shows he mentioned above are small comic art shows. There are two in the NYC area, both in April. You may even be able to finagle a free table due to your staus as an artist. 

http://www.veteriproductions.com/comic-art-con

and the NYC comic art expo run by boardie @Zaddick

Pretty sure Mr. Yoe has decided to forego selling by himself at shows if he has already lined up a Heritage date to disperse his collection?  The top pieces would go first, and the rest becomes a lot of work better left to the selling professionals anyway.  David

9 minutes ago, aokartman said:

Pretty sure Mr. Yoe has decided to forego selling by himself at shows if he has already lined up a Heritage date to disperse his collection?  The top pieces would go first, and the rest becomes a lot of work better left to the selling professionals anyway.  David

I was just clarifying since he said that he did not know what those shows were. Someone else stated that he was going with HA but he didn't indicate that himself, he seemed to have indicated that he was still deciding what is best for him..

The post saying the erroneous statement that I am now going with Heritage Auctions was not by me. A gentleman was trying to make some point and tickle funny bones I gather. We do need more humor in these troubled times. I hold Heritage in the highest of esteem but my collection is not with Heritage but temporarily now squirreled in my bank and I have developed  other interests besides art collecting and moving on. Thanks! 

Edited by craig yoe

55 minutes ago, craig yoe said:

The post saying the erroneous statement that I am now going with Heritage Auctions was not by me. A gentleman was trying to make some point and tickle funny posts I gather. We do need more humor in these troubled times. I hold Heritage in the highest of esteem but my collection is not with Heritage but temporarily now squirreled in my bank and I have developed  other interests besides art collecting and moving on. Thanks! 

Yes, I thought it was obvious it was a joke.  Sorry for the confusion.  I'll edit to make sure it gets by no one

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 9:28 PM, stinkininkin said:

Is Craig Yoe on this message board?  I don't know the guy at all, but he is reportedly selling his entire collection in one lot.  I've seen glimpses of what he might have, and it's not an insignificant amount in size and value.  Does anyone with insight to Craig and his collection have anything they can pass along to explain the unusual strategy of privately selling everything at once?  Color me curious. 

Craig posted the literal first Pogo newspaper strip OA on Facebook. Probably should have sold that 10 years ago. But, still, the literal FIRST Pogo strip ever printed? Pretty amazing. 

If the collection sells “whole” to someone, I have to imagine the buyer would be a dealer or party that will then promptly pocked the pieces they want and sell off the rest piecemeal for the street prices they will ultimately fetch when listed individually. 

Has selling in bulk ever realized top dollar for the seller?

49 minutes ago, ESeffinga said:

If the collection sells “whole” to someone, I have to imagine the buyer would be a dealer or party that will then promptly pocked the pieces they want and sell off the rest piecemeal for the street prices they will ultimately fetch when listed individually. 

Has selling in bulk ever realized top dollar for the seller?

Not sure how big Craig's collection is but it might be more than total value. A large collection can be very complicated to sell either by himself or thru an auction house. Cataloging art scanning then selling them piece meal.

On 1/31/2019 at 11:14 PM, craig yoe said:

Yep, I'm HERE! Yep, selling my collection. I don't have a printed catalog. I have put together a big digital sample "catalog" of my 50 year+ collection. I am talking to motivated, passionate, honest, more than fair, nice, very qualified types of various sorts that I know or potential buyers good trusted friends and expert advisors have put me in touch with. I'm in serious relationships/talks/actions, making final inventories (not a super speedy process with my Yoe Books work, kids, life, etc.) and will see how this goes. Based on what is transpiring, I have VERY high hopes, but I also have a Plan B in place (I'm not as dumb as I look). It took a lot of thinking and resolve to acquire my collection, I am applying the same to passing it on. We'll see! Meanwhile, because my momma taught me it's nice to share, I'm sharing some images that are fun to look at on Facebook. on a page that's for sharing not for selling anyway, though some folks apparently would like me to. Some kind folks don't like how I'm exactly handling everything, they might do it different. I respect that. Mutual respect is nice but it doesn't always happen like that and that's okay. My best, Craig 

Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 1.08.42 PM.png

You should handle it the way you want to handle it (except from destroying the art - ethically speaking)...  I saw your art was exhibited in the Society of Illustrators https://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/04/07/is-that-art-find-out-in-new-york-at-craig-yoes-exhibition/   Missed that show, being from the others side of the Ocean.  But love to make a stop there every time I'm in NYC...  Last time for March https://www.societyillustrators.org/exhibits/march

10 minutes ago, craig yoe said:

What's "BSD"? I ask stupidly.

12 minutes ago, craig yoe said:

I'm not as stupid as I look!

hm

BSD is short for big swingin' dikkie

Edited by Bird