• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art Yellowing in Shipping??

4 posts in this topic

Hey Group!

I recently saw a piece of art again that I had seen just a couple weeks before. It looked yellower than I remember. It hadn't been in the sun, It had only been shipped from the US to Canada. The owner wasn't looking to sell it nor were they complaining but I hadn't heard of this before. Is this something that any of you have encountered?

PS. I cant share a pic of the art as its not mine. 

Thanks!

On 1/31/2019 at 2:50 PM, stinkininkin said:

It might have depended on the light you viewed it in the first time compared to what you're seeing now.  Incandescent, LED, florescent, etc can all have different wavelengths which can make a page look creamy in one case and p i s s yellow in another.  

hi Stan,

yeah - I agree with Scott here. if you look at the Deodato Elektra thread - I posted the ebay image, then after I got the art I posted an image I took. it went from yellow to white.  well the art didnt change - but the image changed. so unless you saw the actual art change - it is likely more to do with the lighting in the room at the time of the photo.