• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[FEB 12 UPDATE] !RETURNED! - Dell’Otto
2 2

210 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, RS88 said:

Well, major event in the case of Drama-ell’Otto

Artwork has been ‘found’ and to be returned this week.

Details to follow.

Wonderful.  Can't wait to see how this develops and wondering how this 'buyer' will attempt to keep his reputation intact.

24 minutes ago, Pete Marino said:

Glad this is ending with the right result!

I'm sure it was under a stack of prints and he didn't realize.

xD

That is what I was thinking.  Damage control/spin zone:  He opened the package and at that exact moment he saw a print of the art. He mistakenly thought that is what the seller had sent him and filed a complaint. It wasn't until today that he realized the real painting had slipped out of the package and under a stack of newspaper clippings about who really shot JFK.

Let's not all jump for joy just yet, he hasn't received a darn thing.  That being said, I do hope that you get your art back in the same shape as was shipped out and that this scam artist gets him comeuppance.

Edited by pemart1966

I remember opening a large cardboard sandwich to find a print of the original art I had purchased. Immediate confusion and then mixed bad feelings swarmed my mind. And then I started inspecting the sandwich some more (3 or 4 layers of cardboard) and found the original art in another slab. Immediately felt guilty with all my negative thoughts. 

1 hour ago, pemart1966 said:

Let's not all jump for joy just yet, he hasn't received a darn thing.

Completely agree. Let OP get the art back -confirmed in hand- before the next round of commentary. At least that's what I'm doing. Once the art is secure, then... :devil:

13 hours ago, mister_not_so_nice said:

xD

That is what I was thinking.  Damage control/spin zone:  He opened the package and at that exact moment he saw a print of the art. He mistakenly thought that is what the seller had sent him and filed a complaint. It wasn't until today that he realized the real painting had slipped out of the package and under a stack of newspaper clippings about who really shot JFK.

I know I usually just rip open packages worth thousands in a frenzy. Cardboard, bits of art, masonite everywhere. So it makes sense that it likely fell behind the radiator for a few weeks.

rich evans star wars package 1.gif

On 1/31/2019 at 6:27 PM, RS88 said:

The story of how it was “ found” is strange, and quite convoluted.  The details aren’t very important, but the result is.

Yes they are. You gotta tell us after taking us this far through your odyssey!  lol  Glad it's back. Figured he'd cave to the pressure.