• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics I Can Buy for $1 and Flip for $$$$$
2 2

61 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, 1950's war comics said:

Rumor has it this issue is under appreciated,, and is a candidate for a substantial price move upwards , .. hard to find in grade and i believe there are none graded as of yet :idea:

Image result for generic comic book  =  Image result for cash counting machine gif

Cripes! I actually bought that book when it came out !

WTF was wrong with me?!

11 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

buy theses for a $ and flip them for $$$$$ 

very little downside potential...

Image result for barbie comic

I used to collect Barbie comics.  That issue is actually not even easy to find.  Of course, I sold most of my barbie run including that comic a couple of years ago.  Though I am really looking forward to see the movie.  :luhv: Barbie

10 hours ago, comics4all said:

Cripes! I actually bought that book when it came out !

WTF was wrong with me?!

I did too.

If you ever get diagnosed for this, please tell me what I have...

6 hours ago, FineCollector said:

Barbie is a very good call, I'm sure a lot of people dont realize there's money there. I wanted to say Sonic the Hedgehog, but I think those are less likely to turn up for a dollar.  How about Star Comics?  Anyone paying big money for Heathcliffs?

My Barbie and Barbie Fashion runs sold a lot quicker a few years ago than Shazam did just this month.  I collect junk :(

Marvel Fanfare #16 featured the first of two appearances of Sky-Wolf by Marv Wolfman, Dave Cockrum and Joe Sinnott.  I think this was created in the 70s but not published until 1984 for some reason. It also featured the first appearance of General Dieter Skul (brought back by Howard Chaykin in Avengers 1959) and the Flying Fuhrer, .

generalskulsw4.jpg

If Steven Spielberg's forthcoming Blackhawk movie is a hit, I could imagine someone bringing this back.

19 hours ago, Chaykin Stevens said:

If you can find this one cheaply, it's worth picking up for a six-pager drawn by Berni Wrightson.

PLOP are pretty cheap these days an they do have lots of first appearances 😄😄😜