• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Little Giant Comics “Old School” Comic Show April 27, 2019 Concord, NH

32 posts in this topic

I got a Steranko signed Cap 110 in what I hope turn out to be an 8.0 or so.  He LOOOOVES to talk to the fans, so it was a 2-hour line with about as many people as you see there (a 2-ply line).  I only happened to see about this show the night before and am really glad I did.

26 minutes ago, Keys_Collector said:

I saw it on their site but was wondering if it was still a go since that date has been up there for months now.  I don't see any mention on there about guidelines/social distancing like other cons either.

It is on (thumbsu

So this show happened today! I had a VIP pass that I bought back in January. I showed up at 8:50a (for a 9AM VIP opening) and there were what looked like 150-200 people already in line. I stuck around until 10:45 or so, but I didn't see all that many people coming in at the official start time of 10AM. Hopefully they trickled in throughout the day.

Under the circumstances, it was a pretty good show. Of course, it would have been better if they could have had more vendors, but they still had some quality stuff. There were maybe two dozen vendors? A good mix of smaller guys and some big boys (Dave & Adam, Jim Payette, Superworld). Personally, I missed Terry's Comics, so this year, Superworld took all my money instead.

All in all, I am happy we got something instead of nothing, but I hope it's back to "normal" next year.

2 hours ago, stock_rotation said:

So this show happened today! I had a VIP pass that I bought back in January. I showed up at 8:50a (for a 9AM VIP opening) and there were what looked like 150-200 people already in line. I stuck around until 10:45 or so, but I didn't see all that many people coming in at the official start time of 10AM. Hopefully they trickled in throughout the day.

Under the circumstances, it was a pretty good show. Of course, it would have been better if they could have had more vendors, but they still had some quality stuff. There were maybe two dozen vendors? A good mix of smaller guys and some big boys (Dave & Adam, Jim Payette, Superworld). Personally, I missed Terry's Comics, so this year, Superworld took all my money instead.

All in all, I am happy we got something instead of nothing, but I hope it's back to "normal" next year.

I too was at this show with a VIP ticket...I got an eclectic mix of books across all grades. I wanted to look at some stuff at Superworld but they didn't seem to have time for me. I, too, really missed Terry's comics. I got some great stuff here and there though: a bunch of 70's marvel vampire mags from Zapp comics, Invincible 1, Fight Against Crime 2, a couple of My Friend Irmas, Speed 44, 2 GI Joe 1, and a smattering of other issues from all eras.