• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Incredible Hulk #3 The Grade is IN!!

29 posts in this topic

Here is a book that is really nice except for a small divot in the cover on the soldiers helmet. it does not go through any of the pages. Otherwise lies flat and good gloss.  Should it be slabbed?

hulk 3.jpg

Hulk 3 back.jpg

Edited by tbshay

To slab or not to slab...

All depends on what you plan to do with it.

From what I have read slabbing does not provide any more protection than proper storage in a Mylite with an acid free board.

If it is for investment purposes...Recent eBay sold auctions for Incredible Hulk #3.

(Seems high to me... I track prices for sold eBay auction listings 3 times a year for my key books and the average price for an Incredible Hulk #3 FR/GD 1.5 in 2018 was $150.00, $330.00 for GD 2.0?)

1/22 - Raw - GD 2.0 $330.00 (17 bids/9 bidders) 

1/17 - CGC 3.0 $537.00 (38 bids/15 bidders)

1/8 - CGC 3.0 $520.00 (33 bids/14 bidders)

Seeing that the CGC GD/VG 3.0's sold for over $500.00 I would "estimate" your book would be at least $650.00+ with the grade I see it as.

5.0 VERY GOOD/FINE (VG/FN):  Back to Top
An above-average but well used comic book. An accumulation of bindery/printing defects is allowed. Minor to moderate cover wear apparent, with minor to moderate creases and/or dimples. Inks have moderate to low reflectivity. Blunted corners are increasingly common, as is minor to moderate staining, discoloration, and/or foxing. Stamped or inked arrival dates may be present. A minor to moderate spine roll is allowed. A spine split of up to 1/2" may be present. Staples may show minor discoloration. Minor staple tears and minor stress lines may also be present, as well as minor rust migration. Paper is tan to brown with no signs of brittleness. Centerfold may be loose. Minor interior tears may also be present.

Edited by marvelmaniac