• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Incredible Hulk #3 The Grade is IN!!

29 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

very true

:pullhair:

Idk. I feel like our amateur consensus tends to be very accurate. For those that didn't read - the book was pressed prior to encapsulated. So, we may have been a little strict, but the book wasn't graded as-shared in the OP.

There are no objective grades, after all. Other than Gem Mint, which I don't think there should be any wiggle room.

Just now, TwoPiece said:

:pullhair:

Idk. I feel like our amateur consensus tends to be very accurate. For those that didn't read - the book was pressed prior to encapsulated. So, we may have been a little strict, but the book wasn't graded as-shared in the OP.

There are no objective grades, after all. Other than Gem Mint, which I don't think there should be any wiggle room.

My comment wasn't directed specifically towards this PGM thread, but rather the entire PGM section... Nobody wants to be an "overgrader", so most tend to be very conservative with their public opinions...

4 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

My comment wasn't directed specifically towards this PGM thread, but rather the entire PGM section... Nobody wants to be an "overgrader", so most tend to be very conservative with their public opinions...

Oh, gotcha. That's true.

It's just really tough for me to pinpoint things like chips and overhang. I try not to be too harsh there, and try not to be too lenient for things like being in good shape for Golden Age.

2 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

Oh, gotcha. That's true.

It's just really tough for me to pinpoint things like chips and overhang. I try not to be too harsh there, and try not to be too lenient for things like being in good shape for Golden Age.

You're doing very well... :foryou:

On 2/2/2019 at 10:02 AM, marvelmaniac said:

Seeing that the CGC GD/VG 3.0's sold for over $500.00 I would "estimate" your book would be at least $650.00+ with the grade I see it as.

5.0 VERY GOOD/FINE (VG/FN):  Back to Top
An above-average but well used comic book. An accumulation of bindery/printing defects is allowed. Minor to moderate cover wear apparent, with minor to moderate creases and/or dimples. Inks have moderate to low reflectivity. Blunted corners are increasingly common, as is minor to moderate staining, discoloration, and/or foxing. Stamped or inked arrival dates may be present. A minor to moderate spine roll is allowed. A spine split of up to 1/2" may be present. Staples may show minor discoloration. Minor staple tears and minor stress lines may also be present, as well as minor rust migration. Paper is tan to brown with no signs of brittleness. Centerfold may be loose. Minor interior tears may also be present.

Time to re-crunch those numbers...

IH3.thumb.JPG.c456386058241f53cffcf47e56d27184.JPG

Looks like you've got a $2000 book there, dude. :) Congrats!!!!

On 6/18/2019 at 1:46 PM, tbshay said:

You guys were way too harsh...

IMG_3735.jpg

2 hours ago, oldrover said:

Time to re-crunch those numbers...

IH3.thumb.JPG.c456386058241f53cffcf47e56d27184.JPG

Looks like you've got a $2000 book there, dude. :) Congrats!!!!

Congrats is right!!!  :applause:

It seems we/me were too harsh. 

When I gave an "estimated" value is was a guess based on my VG/FN 5.0 grade and eBay sold auction sales for a GD/VG 3.0, never expected a FN/VF 7.0.  (shrug)

12 minutes ago, marvelmaniac said:

Congrats is right!!!  :applause:

It seems we/me were too harsh. 

When I gave an "estimated" value is was a guess based on my VG/FN 5.0 grade and eBay sold auction sales for a GD/VG 3.0, never expected a FN/VF 7.0.  (shrug)

:gossip:

He had it pressed.